Saturday Night Pulled Pork

Robert T

TVWBB Guru
I was getting requests from the family for this so decided to cook a pulled pork on a beautiful October Saturday. Started out by covering a pork butt in mustard and putting our home made rub on it.

image_zpstmwiebdj.jpeg

Set the grill up for a long cook. Half apple wood and half hickory wood.

image_zpsuifdltow.jpeg

Put the pork in the grill at 10:15 AM which is later than I prefer and will play into the final outcome.

image_zpsb2pypb0l.jpeg

Turned everything at about the five hour mark.

image_zpslh1mgane.jpeg

At about the eight hour mark made some baked beans.

image_zpsltvguzzx.jpeg

image_zpsqitpuccp.jpeg

image_zpszo6jbyl1.jpeg

Also during this time Kim made her great sauce. The little vixen.

image_zpsa7zsrwe7.jpeg

I don't like to foil but since I started this cook at 10:15 I felt the need to speed up the process. Added a little apple juice to the pork.

image_zpsa79qfrdl.jpeg

Pulled the pork at about the nine hour mark after a good rest. It had a great bark.

image_zps9iv7zubh.jpeg

image_zps9t7f9snr.jpeg

And a plated pic for all of you!

image_zpsjbnkmmen.jpeg

image_zpswr0eppqf.jpeg

Everything turned out really good. The pork was perfect, even with only a 10 hour cook. I forgot to say the beans are from Dave Lieberman's recipe and they were outstanding.

Thanks for looking! Have a great Sunday!

Everything turned out really good. The pork was perfect, even with only a 10 hour cook.
That is an amazing cook. The bark....Off the cuff. That's an out of the park cook. Kim....OMG that's an amazing look, broke the chart

Again great team work, that plate looks awesome. Guess I will have to do a PP before it gets to cold for theses old bones to be outside.

WOW!!! You two nail that one awesome job. Plated pic tells the true story for sure thanks for sharing.

Great job! The problem is that I no longer have a dog I can blame for licking the monitor. ��

Back