Ribs every day in 2022!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Well, so far anyway. :)

Put on some beef ribs at about 9a this morning. Chugging away at 225F, and I'm just about to wrap them in pink paper.

1641072871792.jpeg

Chuck shorties on the left, plate in the middle, and my neighbor's rack of plate on the right. Will probably be done around 5p.

Will post up a finished pic later! :)

R

I'm glad you're able to enjoy some Chuck Short Ribs today! A couple racks From Creekstone were on my menu today for my Brothers who were planning to hang-out but one was exposed to COVID, so we're rescheduling a couple weeks out.

The results are in......and they are finger lickin' good!!!! My plate ribs took 8 hours (last hour kicked up to 250F), and the chuck ribs took about 8.5 hours (the racks were 5.5 and 7lbs respectively.) Tender, beefy, lip smacking goodness! The chuckies were a bit fattier, but every bit as delicious as the plate. Oh, and the plate were USDA prime, chuck ribs were USDA choice certified Black Angus.

Plate:

1641090810295.jpeg

Chuck:

1641090824131.jpeg

Pretty decent first cook of the year!

Rich

Where are you getting those ribs? I never see ribs like that. I'll make the drive to get some

Where are you getting those ribs? I never see ribs like that. I'll make the drive to get some
These I ordered from Wild Fork Foods (Choice Angus Chuck Short Ribs, and Prime Plate Short Ribs.) They were having a special (may still be) where if you ordered $150 worth of stuff, you automatically got a year of free shipping. I ordered our Xmas standing rib from them, so that was pretty easy..... Anyway, good quality stuff, and, depending on what you get, some of the prices are pretty decent....

R

I still have 4 or 5 racks of pork lion ribs I need to up and I think this Wednesday would work suppose to get up to about 50 -55, so I can wash my truck. Eat a bunch of ribs after a good truck wash workout. OH Yeah.

These I ordered from Wild Fork Foods (Choice Angus Chuck Short Ribs, and Prime Plate Short Ribs.) They were having a special (may still be) where if you ordered $150 worth of stuff, you automatically got a year of free shipping. I ordered our Xmas standing rib from them, so that was pretty easy..... Anyway, good quality stuff, and, depending on what you get, some of the prices are pretty decent....

R
Good to know, thanks!

Back