Play. Ball.

I watched zero amount of the series, no team to root for.
Congrats to the Braves.
Guess the 'stros couldn't find a metal trash can to bang on.

2021 was a good year for the most part, I'm happy for Atlanta for reason better not said here. It was nice to have an entire season after 2020's shortened season. Is it me or is officiating getting worse? The instant replay review in New York isn't too good, they're about 50/50 in their reviewed calls. The reviewed call at game 5 (altuve @ 2nd) proved that work is much needed

Anyone but the Astros. I hope that team blows up and all that's left is trash (trash cans that is). [edited for language]

Yes, I'm bitter. ;) And WTG, Braves!!! (my bro and best friend's team)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'm the only Astros fan here lol. On the bright side even though we lost the WS, we still got a 3rd AL Pennant... and JV is back for 2022. I'll take it! 😁

Ah, the offseason of 2021, where the CBA is barely being discussed. I don't see where this ends well for baseball. My opinion is there is a work stoppage (strike) coming, and it's going to last a very long while. The entire situation seems to be a damn disaster, and with both sides digging in their heels, it's not going to get fixed without some intense compromise (something lacking in today's world).

Ah, the offseason of 2021, where the CBA is barely being discussed. I don't see where this ends well for baseball. My opinion is there is a work stoppage (strike) coming, and it's going to last a very long while. The entire situation seems to be a damn disaster, and with both sides digging in their heels, it's not going to get fixed without some intense compromise (something lacking in today's world).
Bruce, I sincerely hope you are wrong but am afraid you're right. We have postponed our Spring Training get away plans and have not purchased our season ticket package. Another thing that may hose our 2022 seasons is the questionable television coverage. Bally Sports has our local sports coverage and they are having financial problems.

Bruce, I sincerely hope you are wrong but am afraid you're right. We have postponed our Spring Training get away plans and have not purchased our season ticket package. Another thing that may hose our 2022 seasons is the questionable television coverage. Bally Sports has our local sports coverage and they are having financial problems.
Bally Sports is a nightmare. They're supposed to be starting their own streaming service this year...at $23/month. Oof. I'm fortunate to have T-Mobile, where I get MLB.tv for free.

I'm afraid we're going to have to gear up to pivot to minor league baseball for the first month or two--which is just fine by me. I love it. But many a fan is going to be histrionic over it as they don't think the minor league game is entertaining. That's a huge misconception.

We have postponed our Spring Training get away plans and have not purchased our season ticket package.
We went ahead and renewed our season tickets. In 2020 the Brewers allowed all renewals to be applied to the 2021 season, so if there's a 2022 stoppage I'm pretty confident our package will be prorated based on the number of games that're actually played, with any balance being forwarded to 2023.

We're happy that the entire season's going to be played, but still a little P.O.'d that it took this long to work things out. Hopefully the schedule doesn't have to be manipulated to the point it costs us games in our ticket package.

Giants are 500, this might be the last time this year, enjoy it while you can

oI0Gr8j.png

We turned off the cable last year and the only thing I really miss is watching the Giants.
The wife even named her chihuahua Buster.

Die hard Red Sox fan here. They're gonna be pretty bad, but this kid Yoshida is every bit as good as advertised. Joy to watch him play. He's 5'8, 160lbs and is batting cleanup!

Back