Play. Ball.

and Atlanta will crush the dodgers,
Man, I hope not. I'm no lover of the Dodgers, but that damn tomahawk chop nonsense they do in Atlanta drives me crazy. I root for anyone-but-Atlanta in the postseason strictly so I don't have to listen to that. It wouldn't be so bad if they only did it once in a while but they go non-stop with it whenever there's any kind of action. I suppose I should just turn the sound down.

Man, I hope not. I'm no lover of the Dodgers, but that damn tomahawk chop nonsense they do in Atlanta drives me crazy. I root for anyone-but-Atlanta in the postseason strictly so I don't have to listen to that. It wouldn't be so bad if they only did it once in a while but they go non-stop with it whenever there's any kind of action. I suppose I should just turn the sound down.
Me personally I'm hoping for an Astros-Braves WS. The Tomahawk Chop is annoying, but idk if its worse than the Nationals baby shark stuff from 2019...

110% agree with you. Some teams have to change their name and mascot due to the possible offensive nature to Native Americans, and they get away with that crap down there. Sadly it has caught on with Chiefs fans too. I do have some Native American blood in my veins, but it's not about that for me.

The Giants didn't get beat by the Dodgers, they got beat with an absolutely terrible call.
i disagree.... yes, it was a CHECK SWING and he did not "GO" .... but
that was NOT what made the giants lose to the dodgers.
as with the brewers, lack of runs, more by the opposing team is what caused the giants to lose to the dodgers.

it's a known fact... the team that scores MORE runs in baseball, will win.

so now baseball fans around the states are left with four (meh) teams you would rather see win it all.

the thankless dodgers that play in an overrated "mecca" in chavez ravine...
the redsox of boston that most outside of massachusetts despises...
the braves that left milwaukee for atlanta....
and the cheatin' forever astros from a texas city called houston.

no thanks. I'll wait 'til next year to follow America's Pastime.

Go Pack Go!
packers-3904.gif

The Giants didn't get beat by the Dodgers, they got beat with an absolutely terrible call.
Yeah they did, and yeah it was a terrible call. But lets be honest here Wilmer Flores was batting .083 in the postseason. He wasn't going to do anything either way. Umps were horrible, not sure why they select these umps with a reputation for making bad calls in games that matter the most.

not sure why they select these umps with a reputation for making bad calls in games that matter the most.
Seniority. They really need to switch to automated ball/strike calling. There would still be an umpire behind the plate but he would concentrate on whether the ball hit the batter, was fouled off, the batter actually swung, stuff like that. The best of them are only slightly better than a coin flip on balls/strikes that are actually close. It's a nearly impossible task for a human and one that would be better done by machine. The machine tells the umpire whether it was in the strike zone and the umpire puts that together with the rest of what happened on the pitch to make the call.

Of course, that won't fix the bad calls in the field. We'll still have to live with Angel Hernandez losing virtually every challenge.

i disagree.... yes, it was a CHECK SWING and he did not "GO" .... but
that was NOT what made the giants lose to the dodgers.
as with the brewers, lack of runs, more by the opposing team is what caused the giants to lose to the dodgers.

it's a known fact... the team that scores MORE runs in baseball, will win.

so now baseball fans around the states are left with four (meh) teams you would rather see win it all.

the redsox of boston that most outside of massachusetts despises...
the braves that left milwaukee for atlanta....
and the cheatin' forever astros from a texas city called houston.

no thanks. I'll wait 'til next year to follow America's Pastime.

Go Pack Go!
packers-3904.gif
Hey, at least you can watch the Pack make the Bears look stupid on Sunday. I should be happy that Rodgers is going to bolt next year, but that isn't going to make the totally dysfunctional Chicago team any better in the long run!

Did anyone else hate yesterday's games? Atlanta & Boston both blew it. They had it, and then it was gone :(

Setting my sites on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Spring Training :)
The 4 designated Jimmy Garoppolo injury updates?;)

It was tough to see the White Sox and Brewers exit early but when you don't hit you don't win (unless it's 1906). Of the 4 teams remaining I'm in it for the Braves; the chop needs to go but there's still the Milwaukee/Aaron connection.

We don't really pay a lot of attention to MLB here, since we don't have a pro team. When we think Atlanta, we think Falcons, whom we generally tend to dislike. Last time I paid attention to baseball with any real intent was in high school 50 years ago. I grew up in a small Midwestern town and, when I was a freshman, the team actually made it to the state finals. At the time there were no divisions in state high school athletics, so any team from any school could potentially win it all. Our team was a rag-tag bunch, in mismatched hand-me-down uniforms, and practiced--when they did-- listening to Jesus Christ Superstar on a boombox. The unconventional coach was also the English teacher who, when asked what he thought the team's greatest weakness was, answered "coaching". Miraculously, they advanced to the state championship game, but sadly lost. The story was good enough, however, that decades later, Sports Illustrated writer Chris Ballard did a lengthy article about that miracle season, which he later expanded into a book. There was a guy on the team a year ahead of me in school who played outfield. After high school, he played ball at a regional community college, then ended up playing at the University of New Orleans, coincidentally my alma mater. After that, he played minor league ball in the Atlanta Braves farm team system before getting into coaching. He stuck around in the Braves organization in various capacities over the next several years, 45 years to be exact. Tonight, his team "advanced to the finals" again with a win over LA. His name is Brian Snitker.

Sadly it has caught on with Chiefs fans too.
I noticed that in recent games I've watched. No likey. :( 🪓 (sorry, no tomahawk emoji)

Glad to see the Braves beat the Dodgers.

My grandfather lived in SoCal and was a Dodgers fan. I always wanted him to take me to a game but he was a radio listener and occasionally a TV watcher, didn't like big crowds and never took me to a game. So in 2018 I went to a Dodgers game by myself. It's a pretty nice stadium given that it's the third oldest stadium in MLB. I had a nice seat in the loge level. My favorite thing was the self-serve concession stands! Just pick the items you want and go straight to the cashier.

IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG

Last edited:
Wow - a Braves vs Astros WS. I don't really care that much, but I tend to like Houston a little better, I have more friends in TX than GA..... and would like to see the cheaters redeem themselves I guess. I probably won't watch much of it to be honest....

Wow - a Braves vs Astros WS. I don't really care that much,
You and most of the rest of the country. Whatever network is carrying the World Series must be very upset. Two medium market teams, one of which is universally disliked for having cheated, and the other disliked for their war chant. I got my fill of baseball early in the championship series and stopped watching, fully intending to come back for the World Series. I think the season is over for me.

I was so glad the Braves beat LA, they're going to have their hands full with the Astros

Back