Play. Ball.

Cards win their home opener!
The Clydesdales were back for the pregame festivities. The late Lou Brock and Bob Gibson were honored.
New guy Nolan Arenado's 2 run homer was the winner.
Good to see some real fans there. Enough to insist on a curtain call for Nolan, and a standing ovation for ex Cardinal Kolten Wong.

Cards win their home opener! ...and a standing ovation for ex Cardinal Kolten Wong.
the Crew gave the game to the Cards so they'd win their home opener (every team should win their home opener) and the Cards should be feel shame to allow a player with the talents of Kolten Wong sign with a Cards division opponents.
Bust the shirt buttons now Bob, cuz the Crew will bust the CardsAsses the next two games. ;)

I wish MLB would adopt the no politics approach. Braves got hosed, plus we were looking to get tickets and drive over for the All-Star game. I guess we’ll move on to plan b.
I don’t mean to agree/disagree with the state of Georgia, I’m merely disappointed the game won’t be in the ATL. But yes, really glad baseball is back

The Giants just completed a 3-3 road trip and who thought that was possible after the bullpen meltdown in the opener against the Mariners?

Their home opener is tomorrow against the Rockies. Go Giants!

the Crew gave the game to the Cards so they'd win their home opener (every team should win their home opener)
Now Jimmy, you know that's the Miller High Life talking.
Maybe the Crew was just respecting its elders, Waino and Yadi are the oldest players in the National League and have been playing pitch and catch for 17 years.
The Invisible Man is a Cards fan too.

1617966023208.png

1617979102833.png

Last edited:
Now Jimmy, you know that's the Miller High Life talking.
:D gotta yank your chain early this season Bob ;)

still have credit for the great seats to last year's STL game that we couldn't attend...
plan on using that credit for a September game against your Birds (never been to a Cards, Giants a Nats game yet)

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the humor thread. The absolute ineptitude of the Pirates will leave you shaking your head, laughing or both.

There are thousands of Little League teams that don't screw this up. Heck, even half-bagged 40-year-olds playing rec league softball on a Tuesday night don't let this happen.

Giants baet LA last night, that's a good thing

BAET-LA-e1398616978438.jpg

Attachments

• 1622297128869.png
    1622297128869.png
    309.4 KB · Views: 0
Giants baet LA last night, that's a good thing
With the way the Giants have been playing this year, I kept thinking of you with your Go Giants cooks. Man that NL West division is a tough one between the 3 Cali teams.. The Padres recently swept my Cards, and we play the Dodgers, in LA, starting Monday.

Royals are playing like the Royals but we are enjoying it. Went to the game Friday night for dollar hotdogs and fireworks and it was absolutely wonderful being at Kaufman Stadium again. ⚾

With the way the Giants have been playing this year, I kept thinking of you with your Go Giants cooks. Man that NL West division is a tough one between the 3 Cali teams.. The Padres recently swept my Cards, and we play the Dodgers, in LA, starting Monday.

Giants just needed some Yankee Blood in the lineup

I can't watch that enough :)

Great day to be a Cubs fan...:devilish:

Last edited:

Back