No chemo for me

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer that has spread to my bones.
My oncologist had me set up to start chemotherapy, 3 hour treatments every 3 weeks.
A liquid biopsy test shows the type I have is from gene mutation, not from the many years I smoked cigarettes. This changed my treatment to one pill, Tagrisso, a day instead of chemo.
Finally some decent news for a rotten year.

Hope for your best. My mom also has bone cancer, she has been on Chemo for the last year or so and her oncologist is switching her to a pill also.
I don't know if it's the same as yours but I will find out Monday.

Tim

I'm very sorry to hear this, Bob. It must have been even more difficult because you were likely alone when you heard the news. I sit in the parking lot and listen by speaker phone when my wife meets with her oncologist. You will be in our thoughts. Sending virtual hugs to you and your family. I effing hate cancer.

Crap, Bob! Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and metastatic nature of your disease. That sounds like a bit of positive news on your treatment, though, and I'll add my good thoughts/well wishes to the mix that your treatment does what you need it to do! Keep on doing what you enjoy, hold your loved ones close, and don't be afraid to howl at the moon on occasion!

R

Glad you don't have to do chemo, Bob. I'm praying that the Tagrisso delivers a fast knockout punch. Stay strong!

Thanks for letting us know, Bob. Love to you, your wife, and your family. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for a complete recovery. I see many more charcoal fires in your future! :D

Bob, I'm sorry to hear about this. You will obviously be in our thoughts and prayers, and we're hoping the Tagrisso will defeat this. Though we haven't met in person (yet), this is still a gut punch to all of us in this forum that have learned from you, talked to you and laughed with you because of your wit and humor. We're all in your corner so go out there and kick it's ***!

Bob, I have not been here long but always look forward to reading your posts. Let’s put our faith in the Tagrisso and prayers to you and your family. Be Strong! 👍

Back