New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Barb walks over to the freezer and gets out a 15 pound brisket and places it on the top of the dome. She then say's "it fits so it's a keeper" I think she is more excited than I am about it.

Sounds like the wife that walks over in blaze orange after you bagged a nice 8 point buck and says: "Grab the back legs and hold them apart so I can gut this sucker".

Barb walks over to the freezer and gets out a 15 pound brisket and places it on the top of the dome. She then say's "it fits so it's a keeper" I think she is more excited than I am about it.

Sure I speak for everyone here:

She is the keeper
:)

Rich, I think you're really going to like the Camp Chef. The size is perfect for us and if you make Jerky the low temperature capability is great for that. I'm glad Barb is on board too.

That's interesting about the high temp capability. Looking at the photo it seems it has a standard design auger system. I thought the whole not being able to high temps was due to the standard auger design and the new Weber design is the only thing that allowed the very high temps with no fear of the fire going backward into the hopper. Watching to see how things turn out here

To me, this thread brings to light the problem with reading product reviews on the internet, even those done by owners.

For the past two years, I've been very interested in pellet poopers. I've asked questions of people on-line, who own them. There's a long thread for pellet pooper owners at the BBQ Brethren forum that I've partially gone through.

And there's pellet cooker problems brought up here, that I had not heard before, like the fire going back to the hopper and difficulty in cleaning. I wonder what else is out there.

Lynn, interesting point, I have to say that the idea of vacuuming out a Traeger seems like a hassle and it was certainly part of the reason I never made the jump.
Weber seems to have addresses a couple of real issues and I can’t wait to try out my EX 6.

Rich,
Congratulations on your new pellet grill. Hope that its a good one & works for many years for you. I was getting worried that you were going to have a heart attack from the way that you were going back & forth on getting a pellet grill. Don't want that to happen. LOL A while back I went up to my dads & cooked some burgers on his new Traeger it seemed to operate just like his old one. I did read in the owners manual that if it jams you have to turn it off let it cool down, Reverse the motor then relight the whole thing over again. So if you are doing ribs I guess you pull them off, wrap them wait for it to cool down & start over again. Not cool. Hopefully my dad wont have no jam problems. And hopefully that you wont either.
Have fun with your new cooker,
Russ

Lynn, interesting point, I have to say that the idea of vacuuming out a Traeger seems like a hassle and it was certainly part of the reason I never made the jump.
Weber seems to have addresses a couple of real issues and I can’t wait to try out my EX 6.

The only conclusion I can draw, is that a lot of owners become blinded by their brand loyalty.

I ran across one Yoder 640 owner, who told me I was like his grandpa , sitting with my stick burner, feeding it splits. That was just waayyy old fashioned, behind the times. And of course , he touted his 640 to be the greatest thing ever, and he produced lots of pics of all the delicious food he cooked effortlessly . And of course, not in a million years would he admit to problems with his Yoder 640 .

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and nice comments. Hopefully we made the right choice although I know I will always have mixed feelings about not getting the Weber.
And to Tony-Chicago's comment about Barb being a keeper, truer words have never been spoken. She has been a keeper for all our 37 years of marriage.
I was going to see about starting assembly of the beast but it's 21 degrees outside and the garage is the same so...... sigh, I guess not today.

If your interested in the SmokeFire the interview was VERY informative. BBQ central from 11-20, thanks to John Tofte for posting about it. I’m pretty confident in my purchase at this point and can’t wait to try it out. I’ll have to find a good way to post pics between now and then as I’m done with photobucket.

I listened to the podcast on the way home. Alot of good information. It was interesting to hear the thought process behind the design of the product.

RIch, you just need to buy a propane torpedo heater now for the garage. Better run that by the Barb first though.

RIch, you just need to buy a propane torpedo heater now for the garage. Better run that by the Barb first though.

Bruce, I may not be the brightest bulb in the building, but I'm not the dumbest either. After standing with my toes hanging over the cliff to get the grill I think it would be wise to play good hubby for a while and lay low.:cool:

Sure I speak for everyone here:

She is the keeper
:)

Truer words were never spoken!

Is the fire pot larger in the ex6 or are there two fire pots as opposed to the smaller unit?

Answer:Hello! The burn pot used on the EX-6 is the same size as the one on the EX-4, but we've specifically engineered the units to perform equally, so you can still expect an EX-6 to get just as hot as an EX-4. Thanks!

thats interesting. sounds like the EX6 will really need to burn more fuel to keep up with an ex4

I am starting to see people selling pellet grills now. Maybe in anticipation they're going to "upgrade" to a Weber?

Yah, I am kind of wondering if we will see a surge of older Genesis gas grills hitting the "for sale" sections on FB MP and CL once the Weber Pellet Grills start shipping.

Back