New Weber pellet grills for 2020

I do hope for the sake of Weber and users that their EX smokers do not disappoint. I read on some other smoker sites where--quite honestly and in my opinion--some folks can whine like children over senseless dislikes about their smokers or they are self-proclaimed Design Engineers. There is something about the culture of this site that fosters a mature atmosphere for which I'm grateful to have become a part a few years ago.

The EX6 does interest me, but I'm sad to say, quality at Weber has taken a huge hit (imho)

There will never be a replacement for my 22" kettle nor my 22" WSM, those will always be my favorite grills. I though that the Summit Charcoal grill might steal the thunder from the my kettle, but it did not

I'm just waiting for my son to finish college and then I'm outta kalifornia, I've really come to hate this state. I see my forthcoming digs in Tennessee, I hope to find a lake front home on a couple acres, where I plan to build (have built) an outdoor kitchen, entertainment center. As I draw up plans for such, the built in Memphis Pro 430 seems to be along the lines I will likely go, but it will be mostly used when guests are present, for no other reason that atmosphere. There's nothing like a BBQ doing it's thing for atmosphere. But my heartfelt cooks will always be in either my Kettle or my WSM.

I have a pretty short list of what I'm taking with me when I leave kalifornia, the kettle and wsm are on the shortlist

Chuck I hear what you are saying, that's why Barb and I packed up and moved to Prescott Az. 17 years ago. Just couldn't take it anymore. The traffic, the crowds and many other things.
All of our kids and grand kids still live in Cali so we wanted to be in a one days easy drive to go see them. That's how we ended up here.
When we moved here it was very rural now it's starting to be like the Orange County of Arizona. Still I can take a twenty minuet drive over to lynx lake in the forest and watch the bald eagles that nest there flying over the lake hunting for fish. At least we have plenty of places to go to get away from it.
As far as the Weber's go my performer and E320 NG gasser will always be here.

Yah, I agree that Weber should stay away from the $500 market. That would be like making a Spirit line for the pellet grills. I think Weber should try to dominate the market they are in. All that selling a lower quality/cost product does is hurt a companies over all image and reputation IMO.

I have seen a couple in Florida, but they don’t come up often. I have seen them once in a grill store. Super heavy built, but their powder coated finish is not invincible against rust. The stainless MAK is the alternative high end option from what I understand. Made in USA and all stainless construction. Also very expensive.

As much as I smoke anymore I hope the Grill Chef will fit my needs. Haven't been out to grill or certainly smoke in a couple of weeks just to cold and windy for me. Wanted to do a steak last night so Barb could have a nice dinner after work. Wind was 25+mph and the temp was 32 degrees, did the steak in a CI pan. Baker in the oven, not my first choice but came out well.

I can give you estimates from the similar sized Traegers. On the 22 in Traeger, I cooked 4 - 9ish lb butts using GMG's second shelf (a freestanding second shelf with 4 legs - about 10x20 by 6 inches high maybe). I washed the shelf super good as it was touching the bottom two butts.
On the 36 inch Traeger, I cooked 2 pork butts, 6 full bone in split chicken breasts and a full rack of baby racks all on just the main grate leaving space around the outer edge and between items. You could easily do four on the Traeger just using the main grate and 8 if you shelved, probably even 10 if you went 3x3 on the main grate (you just had to be careful about overhanging the drip tray. I'm guessing with Weber's design not having the drip tray, you could do more easily do 6-8 on the main grate and pretty easily 10 butts using the second shelf. Based on that my guess would be 3-4 packers using both shelves.
Thank You ShaneF. Great info. So ex4 everyday and parties. Ex 6 for large bashes..
THANKS

This wait for the Smokefire to be released feels like forever!!!! I keep checking for an official release date.

This wait for the Smokefire to be released feels like forever!!!! I keep checking for an official release date.
You poor kids today! :p
Think about us older folks ordering from a Sears and Roebuck catalog, way back when.
Fill out an order form, write a check, mail it in, and wait, with no updates whatsoever.
Yeah I know, OK Boomer. :)

Think about us older folks ordering from a Sears and Roebuck catalog, way back when.
Fill out an order form, write a check, mail it in, and wait, with no updates whatsoever.

First world problems, right? I LOL’D pretty hard at the OK Boomer. My 12 year old loves to say that.

You're old if you used to go to a Sears store to buy Craftsman tools or Kenmore appliances.
You're older if your family used to place orders from the Sears catalog.
You're oldest if your family used the Sears catalog as toilet paper in the outhouse.

That is so true! I remember as a kid waiting 6-8 weeks for anything to be delivered.

You're old if you used to go to a Sears store to buy Craftsman tools or Kenmore appliances.
You're older if your family used to place orders from the Sears catalog.
You're oldest if your family used the Sears catalog as toilet paper in the outhouse.

Bruce said:
Today 07:21 PM
Well, heck, I guess "two out of three ain't bad"

Oh god I am rotfl at myself.
Hit the nail on the head guys.

I’m a proud Boomer! Those young little so and so’s can go fry an egg! Most of them would buy a fast food barf breakfast though. Boomers got skills!

When I was a kid "my" Sears Christmas catalog looked like a preacher's bible by Christmas time. And the brown UPS trucks looked so foreign to me.

Yeah, I'm a two out of three guy also. I remember my parents taking me to Sears in the early 50s to get my school clothes and shoes. All the salesmen were dressed in suits and ties. It was quit an adventure. You could get just about anything there.
I worked at Sears when I retired to get a little extra money for traveling. It was a sad day when we went to the mall last week and a big banner on the side of the building saying "Store Closing" Even when I worked there in 2003-2005 the store was so outdated and no maintenance was being done, water stains in the ceiling tiles, peeling paint on the walls Etc.
Hard these days for a brick and mortar store to compete with next day delivery from the likes of Amazon.

Back