New Toy for the Kitchen

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Finally pulled the trigger on a new meat slicer after four or five years of using our old SS rival to slice everything from bacon to beef roasts.
The poor thing is done. Doing a full pork belly of bacon would take an hour or more as it would heat up and we would have to let in cool down a few times.
So after searching all that were available in our price range we got the Beswood 250 the same one our leader Chris has.
Did a little slicing for the first time today and we are both extremely pleased. Sliced up a small ham and a very cold leftover top round I smoked yesterday for dinner.
The Beswood went through both like soft butter.
Cleaning it wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be, but we both agreed a lot easier with two people.

100_6164.JPG

100_6167.JPG

100_6172 (1).JPG

100_6170 (1).JPG

100_6177 (1).JPG

Good for you! You're going to enjoy that a lot.

One thing...you need to line up those grooves on the round center plate with the grooves on the left.

71NCDKhRQTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Good for you! You're going to enjoy that a lot.

One thing...you need to line up those grooves on the round center plate with the grooves on the left.

View attachment 9002
I caught that when we cleaned it. We did a dry run on the cleaning and when we put the disk back on I didn't notice it. But after we used it and cleaned it I got it on straight.
Funny when we decided to get it I went up on Amazon and they didn't have any, so every day I would go up and check about a week later they reappeared and they stated they had six left so I ordered it. Just for giggles I went up the next day and they were out of stock again, must be a pretty popular slicer.

Slicers are great.

You just can't make some things without them.

Got a medium duty globe that I love. One day one of my kids will love it too. Can't make bacon, pastrami, or smoked pork loin without it. At least not to my satisfaction.

I've been to a couple of grocery store/surplus equipment auctions and the big Hobart commercial slicers brought top dollar. If I ever got one I'd have to store it in the basement, but lugging it up and down the stairs would be a great workout.

Last edited:
Mine is not a Hobart but it weighs 70 lbs. I have just enough room to store it on this cart in the dining room:

1598606823578.png

And the wife doesn't even yell at me.

Mine is perfect home slicer, to me
Italian made globe....a medium duty they produced about 2011
Was $1100 then. I got $200 shipped.

About 45 lbs...so i can move it. I keep on shelf in garage.
Slices bacon, doesnt slow with anything ive thrown at it.

Slicers go cheap at restaurant auctions, from what ive seen. $25-50 isnt uncommon.

Guy i bought mine from crated it in snug plywood crate.... With cutouts that stabilized it that parts nested into. Such a great crate I saved it after I took it apart. He told me shipping was $95, about 35 more than he had planned based on eBay estimate . He said he still made money. He bought it at auction and sold it on eBay. That was a business of his buying things from auctions and reselling

One of the best things is it super easy to take apart and clean. apparently they have made new ones quite hard to take apart now to avoid liability of people running it without the ring guard on and cutting their fingers off, most brands..even comnercial.....older here is better.

Last edited:
Alright you hooked me. After using my POS home essentials slicer yesterday on some Italian beef I tossed it in the garbage and used the TVWBB friendly link and ordered the Beswood from Amazon.

Enjoy..... There's some things you just can't do without a slicer. I probably don't use mine as often as I could but, when I need it theres simply no replacement for it.

Cleaning it wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be, but we both agreed a lot easier with two people.

I used mine today for the first time on a roast beef and pork loin.
I was able to clean it without removing the blade, but in the future should I ? ( I think so)

I haven't removed the blade on ours yet and have successfully cleaned it. Maybe Chris our forum leader might chime in he has the same one. I'm not where I can get my paws on the owners manual but I believe that they don't recommend doing that. I follow the instructions and take the front shield off that gives me complete access to the front of the blade and I use the brush to clean the back side. Also the sharpener on top of the blade assembly and the bread shield are removed along with the slide assembly.

I haven't removed the blade on ours yet and have successfully cleaned it. Maybe Chris our forum leader might chime in he has the same one. I'm not where I can get my paws on the owners manual but I believe that they don't recommend doing that. I follow the instructions and take the front shield off that gives me complete access to the front of the blade and I use the brush to clean the back side. Also the sharpener on top of the blade assembly and the bread shield are removed along with the slide assembly.
The manual is sorta lame imo. I noticed some debris between the blade ring. I used the brush, but will get something more substantial.
Otherwise it's a solid slicer!

The manual is sorta lame imo. I noticed some debris between the blade ring. I used the brush, but will get something more substantial.
Otherwise it's a solid slicer!
Have to agree on the manual, I used it as a guide then designed my own methods for cleaning. I picked up a stiffer bottle brush to get better cleaning on the back of the blade and the grove under it, that helped a lot.

I picked up a stiffer bottle brush to get better cleaning on the back of the blade and the grove under it, that helped a lot.
Good tip. The brush they give you is rather cheesy, most of the bristles came loose.
One of the reviewers on Amazon had a neat Idea. He lined the base with aluminum foil for easier clean up. I did that, it does help, but will see if cling wrap would be better.

Good tip. The brush they give you is rather cheesy, most of the bristles came loose.
One of the reviewers on Amazon had a neat Idea. He lined the base with aluminum foil for easier clean up. I did that, it does help, but will see if cling wrap would be better.
Tim, are you referring to where the cut product goes in the back or where the uncut product sits on the cutting tray?

Back