New Toy for the Kitchen

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Finally pulled the trigger on a new meat slicer after four or five years of using our old SS rival to slice everything from bacon to beef roasts.
The poor thing is done. Doing a full pork belly of bacon would take an hour or more as it would heat up and we would have to let in cool down a few times.
So after searching all that were available in our price range we got the Beswood 250 the same one our leader Chris has.
Did a little slicing for the first time today and we are both extremely pleased. Sliced up a small ham and a very cold leftover top round I smoked yesterday for dinner.
The Beswood went through both like soft butter.
Cleaning it wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be, but we both agreed a lot easier with two people.

100_6164.JPG

100_6167.JPG

100_6172 (1).JPG

100_6170 (1).JPG

100_6177 (1).JPG

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Good for you! You're going to enjoy that a lot.

One thing...you need to line up those grooves on the round center plate with the grooves on the left.

71NCDKhRQTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Good for you! You're going to enjoy that a lot.

One thing...you need to line up those grooves on the round center plate with the grooves on the left.

View attachment 9002
I caught that when we cleaned it. We did a dry run on the cleaning and when we put the disk back on I didn't notice it. But after we used it and cleaned it I got it on straight.
Funny when we decided to get it I went up on Amazon and they didn't have any, so every day I would go up and check about a week later they reappeared and they stated they had six left so I ordered it. Just for giggles I went up the next day and they were out of stock again, must be a pretty popular slicer.