My son has taken over

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I get a text around 10AM: "I'm going to BBQ some ribs."

A099D596-2437-46BE-8BEB-99D90C3A759C_zpsatedivd8.jpg

I said: "cool, any questions?" He say: "yeah....where's the charcoal?" I told him and that was the last I heard from him (except when Peavy gave up a few runs today, but I can't repeat what he said)

I hear back from him about 3 hours

085B8710-02DE-4D39-ACEF-01D0D1A5651E_zpsy7ynqy2g.jpg

Then again at 5 hours

BD6BA2B1-8AD8-4F54-B839-AF2237EB0DAC_zpsqdvig60c.jpg

Wow, I thought...he nailed it. I asked him "do they come off the bone clean?"

He said....

AD0035F8-CC04-44DD-8489-AAB9C0243DEF_zpsgopelzxy.jpg

Fortunately two good things happened

1) Coach pulled Peavy and the Giants went on to crush the Dodgers
2) Son saved me some....Dang good bones. I wish I could have cooked ribs like that when I was 19 (heck I wish I could cook them like that at nearly 60)

I think that qualifies as a good day, Chuck. Giants beat the Dodgers in their home opener (Pence's slam was the icing on the cake!) and to have your son turning out great Q like that! You've done well, sir!

Rich

You did good Chuck, most 19 year olds wouldn't even think of doing ribs. They look great and from your report taste great. Sounds like a perfect day all around.

Outstanding cook, those ribs look delicious. I wish our kids at 19 could have cooked like that.

Last edited:
You did good Chuck, most 19 year olds wouldn't even think of doing ribs. They look great and from your report taste great. Sounds like a perfect day all around.

I agree. Sounds like he was taught well. Sounds like a very grounded and mature young man.

ChuckO;
You have done well with that son. Doing such a fine job with the ribs also tell me this young man will do well in LIFE! People that know how to do things (and have the persistence and work ethic to "get things done") WILL succeed!

Congratulations! to YOU on a job well done (and the same to your son)!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

19 years old and barbecuing tasty ribs, did you tell him he can live at home until he's 30...;)

Seems from the look of your son's cook that you have done a great job sharing your knowhow!
What's he making you for Father's Day?:coolkettle:

Back