My 7000th Post and a Special Anniversary.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Both Barb and I would like to thank Chris A. for creating this great forum and all the forum members for their continued support for us and all the forum members. What we have learned here would be impossible in any other venue.
But most of all it’s the friends we have made here that makes this forum so much fun.
Enough of my dribble.
The anniversary I speak of is today is the one year anniversary of Barb and me adopting a scared and timid pup by the name of Whitney. A 1 ½ year old Golden Retriever/Husky/Coyote mix who had been running wild on the Navajo Indian reservation in New Mexico trying to survive and raising a litter of pups in the wild.
It wasn’t easy for her or for us, she had severe separation anxiety and could not be left alone. If we did leave her she would panic and become destructive. She would take out her frustration by digging holes in the back yard you could bury a gasser in.
If I would reach down to pet her or scratch her ears she would cower down.
The good thing was the retriever in her makes her super passive, so there was no anger.
Today she is a different dog, outgoing, loves to be petted and tummy rubs are her most wanted things in life. She has that Golden Retriever disposition and intelligence, the husky strength and strong will and the hunting skills of the Coyote.
Also she loves to play and our 13 year old golden can’t play rough any more so Whitney lays down with her and they wrestle on the floor with Whitney being very gentle with Raddy.
They’re best of buds.
It was a lot of work to get her to this point but both Barb and I agree it was worth every second of it.

Thanks Rich, for a "here's to brighten your day" story. Always nice to hear successful "rescue" tales (or is that "tails"?) ;) .

Yep, what the Bobs said. ;)

Great to hear about Whitney and congrats (and thank you) on the milestone!

Rich and Barb Dahl, you are both Outstanding Human Beings!
It is our pleasure and privilege to know you two...
Congratulations on your 7,010th posting and your "special anniversary"!

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was all worth it for the joy Whitney brings Barb and I and Raddy too. Just wanted to share a wonderful experience that happed in our lives.

Always like reading your posts and cooks Rich and Barb, congrats on the 7000 post and
Whitney is in a great home to boot.

Congrats to you Rich on your 7000th post. And congrats to you, Barb, Raddy & Whitney too. Whitney found her forever family.

But most of all it’s the friends we have made here that makes this forum so much fun
It's been a blessing have you & Barb here, I look for your threads. My retirement is getting close and you two have been an inspiration on how to do it. Your pup is one lucky pup. Can't think of a better home a pup could have

Back