more HIGH HEAT baby backs

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
did these last week Sunday... wanted to see if my 1st attempt was pure luck.
again, just salt, pepper and penzey's California seasoned pepper

IMG_4247.JPG

one full weber charcoal chimney of all lit kingsford with one large hunk of applewood on one side, ribs the other side

IMG_4248.JPG

a steady 395ºF inside the kettle.... after 45 minutes, I foiled the ribs for 30 minutes...
then, removed the baby backs from the foil and placed them directly over the heat for 5 minutes...

IMG_4254.JPG

...then rested opposite the heat for another 10 minutes...

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4257.JPG

bought in the house to completely rest until slicing...

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

...and after 90 minutes on the grill, a few minutes to rest, we were ready to eet!

IMG_4262.JPG

pattypan summer squash with baby Yukon potatoes completed the dish

IMG_4263.JPG

ribs were tender and juicy inside and crispy outside, quite good!
Thank you everyone for stopping by!

Looking good Jim. I will be doing the same again here shortly. Seems like the best way to cooks BBs, I was very happy with my first attempt.
Also in the winter less butt freezing time spent outside in the cold.

Another great cook Jim, they look fantastic can't wait till we do another. Love the finally plated pic.

Those look even better. It'd be nice to try them side-by-side with some low/slow cooked ribs for comparison.

Ok, I think ya got me sold on this method, Jim!

Next time I do baby backs, I'm gonna give this a whirl.

Your ribs and sides look delicious!!

Your High heat ribs looks great!!!!!! My last few HH ribs are turning out excellent! I like this method of doing ribs!!!

I bet that crispy bark made for some mighty good eating. Those ribs look glorious in their simplicity…just salt, pepper, pork, and smoke...love it.

The Rendezvous in Memphis better watch out, there's a new rib blaster hanging out at the P1G!
Super looking cook and pics bro!

Thanks everyone :)

Wonderful ribs Jim. They look perfect. Love that summer squash. Grew up with that. Can't find it up here.
Cliff, when we could find the pattypans, they were priced sky high so we decide to buy seeds and grow our own
yet, we still have to get the seeds online, not available around here

Back