more HIGH HEAT baby backs

Looks really tasty! I sure will try this by temp/time...Last time i rushed out some spares they went crispy :mad:

...and after 90 minutes on the grill, a few minutes to rest, we were ready to eet!
I missed that you did this cook in 1.5 hours (until Bob pointed it out in his thread) Very impressive ribs in amazing time. Way back in the 80's we did ribs in about 1.5 hours, but that was boiling them first and then on the grill. Gonna give this a go real soon. Thanks Jim & Bob, excellent lesson in ribs

90 minutes for a rack of delicious ribs. That's pretty tough to beat. They look great.

That pattypan summer squash looks funky... I'm sure it tastes good.... but it looks like a silly vegetable :-)

thanks jim, tried these last week. the fat was well rendered, great crust on the ribs but missing a little smokiness of low and slow. still, it was a no muss, no fuss 90 minute cook and my family loved them.

edit: forgot to mention, I made two racks during this cook.

Last edited:
Good looking ribs Jim that have a Franklin Texas look to them. I am intrigued with the pattypan summer squash. Were they cooked in a cast iron skillet or right on the grate?

Back