Labor Day/Birthday Porkalisious

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
Today was a twofer at our house. We celebrated Labor Day and my birthday with one cook. My tradition for many years has been to BBQ for the family on my birthday. Today I hit 82 and did pulled pork and BB ribs for only 5 this year. The 8 lb. pork butt was injected with the Chris Lily inject and the rub was applied yesterday.,went on the grill at 6:30 with a temp of 275,.and came off 7 hrs. and 40 minutes later. The rack of ribs went on at 12:30 and finished 5 hrs. and 40 minutes later. Both meats were wrapped in foil at the stall and I had a water bowl adding moisture before the meats were wrapped . For this cook I used Meat Church BBQ Holy Gospel rub. Pellets were Cabela's Cherry. I served it with Grandma's Potato Salad and Col.eslaw. Everyone ate too much. I didn't use Oxygen all day and handled the work without problems. It was another fun cook. Now my belly is stuffed and I'm out of gas. Groan.
😁
. It was another great birthday surrounded by family. Smoke on.9-4-23 Pork Butt 1.jpgate 9-4-23 BB Ribs.jpg9-4-23 Pork Butt 2.jpgBB Ribs 2.jpg

Today was a twofer at our house. We celebrated Labor Day and my birthday with one cook. My tradition for many years has been to BBQ for the family on my birthday. Today I hit 82 and did pulled pork and BB ribs for only 5 this year. The 8 lb. pork butt was injected with the Chris Lily inject and the rub was applied yesterday.,went on the grill at 6:30 with a temp of 275,.and came off 7 hrs. and 40 minutes later. The rack of ribs went on at 12:30 and finished 5 hrs. and 40 minutes later. Both meats were wrapped in foil at the stall and I had a water bowl adding moisture before the meats were wrapped . For this cook I used Meat Church BBQ Holy Gospel rub. Pellets were Cabela's Cherry. I served it with Grandma's Potato Salad and Col.eslaw. Everyone ate too much. I didn't use Oxygen all day and handled the work without problems. It was another fun cook. Now my belly is stuffed and I'm out of gas. Groan.
😁
. It was another great birthday surrounded by family. Smoke on.View attachment 78417ate View attachment 78418View attachment 78422View attachment 78424
Happy birthday Lew!

Nive looking pork.

Great looking cook Lew and happy birthday. 82 huh and doing an all day cook. Geez I'm just hanging on at 75!
Although I did get through doing a two bone roast yesterday on the camp chef, but that alone just wore me out.

Other than sorry for the late reply all I have to say is,
Damn Lew you are a hero and an inspiration.
Nice looking cook and I hope you had a great Birthday.
All the best.
Andy.

Back