If You Could Have A Home And A Grill In Any Two Places ...............???

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Where would they be, and which grill would it be?

OK, I'll go first.... Home #1 would be about 20 miles from Fairbanks Alaska near
Chena, on the Chena river. A great place to watch and photograph the Northern Lights!

Home #2 would be a condo on the Atlantic in New Smyrna Beach Florida. Thinking that
it might be fun to commute between them in a Nassau Blue 66 Corvette roadster, with the
top down as much as comfortable.

Same grill in each, a Q1200.......

How about you?

Home #1 would be a waterfront place on Orcas Island in the San Juan’s. The grill would be be a fully outfitted Weber 26 inch kettle. Vortex, rotisserie, the whole shabang.
Home #2, no reason to leave home #1.

Home number 1. Right where I am. Weber Smokefire EX6.
Home number 2. Bradenton Florida. Weber Smokefire EX4. It's a 2 hour drive from home and a view of the beach would be nice.

Like Lee
Exactly where I am know, on the shorenof the Zambezi river.
Charcoal braai, whichever type

Number 2 is a bit of a toss up between SE asia, esp Thailand, or just somehow a bbq attached to my car, so it is where ever I am :)
For now, the solution is to travel with one inside my car. Charcoal again

Right where I’m at, good ol’ Wyoming!! Grill.....if only one, Summit Charcoal. But I would sure miss my Sequoia and other kettles

#2? Tough. Always wanted to go to Australia and Egypt, but both seem a little “off cuff” now.

I'm retiring 12/31/24 and I plan to move to either KY or TN (TN has gotten expensive ever since covid) I'm not planning on moving very much if anything when I go, my son will get my existing BBQ's. Once settled in my new digs, my BBQ will be:

Memphis Pellet Grill
22" WSM
22" Weber Kettle
And I plan to make a brick pizza oven

I love S Korea food, people and places to visit.
I also like South Central Texas Hill country. And I liked Kentucky the northern part as you are close to sports. Many kinds of food, and landmarks to visit and explore. So I may have have a few homes.....

Home #1: Where we're at. We love our home here in Merriam. The wife and I bought our retirement home 10 years before we retired. Love the existing grills also.
Home #2: Phoenix, AZ. We would love to spend January through mid March enjoying the weather and spring training baseball. As for a grill, I think I could do just fine with a Jumbo Joe and a 14.5 WSM.

Home number 1. Right where I am. Weber Smokefire EX6.
Home number 2. Bradenton Florida. Weber Smokefire EX4. It's a 2 hour drive from home and a view of the beach would be nice.
I arrived back home from a visit in Bradenton the same day you made this post.

Home 1 - Norfork Lake in AR. Lake front.
Home 2 - Beachfront near a metro with nice weather and water. Reddington Beach, FL would work just fine.
a kettle at both locations

Right here in Tn, Weber performer . #2 some where way north in Alaska , same grill , also grand kids would have to be within smacking distance lol

Bob H go farther down to Sabastian inlet, Great fishing there including the Indian river , lived in Melbourne in the mid 70's and the fishing was great.

Where would they be, and which grill would it be?

OK, I'll go first.... Home #1 would be about 20 miles from Fairbanks Alaska near
Chena, on the Chena river. A great place to watch and photograph the Northern Lights!

Home #2 would be a condo on the Atlantic in New Smyrna Beach Florida. Thinking that
it might be fun to commute between them in a Nassau Blue 66 Corvette roadster, with the
top down as much as comfortable.

Same grill in each, a Q1200.......

How about you?
For me home #1 would be somewhere here in southern England near the family on both sides. Home #2 would be a villa anywhere in Greece with on a hill side with a view of the land all around with a sea view in the near distance Cicadas abounding.

Grill, 22" fully loaded with accessories.

Home #1 right where I am in Woodstock, GA. Silver C on the deck as I now have and would like to add a Summit Charcoal but the Performer and UDS are doing the job.

Home #2 in Hilton Head Island would have a Weber Summit Charcoal and a Weber Gasser North South model one of the newer ones.

I think I need to change my answer to "North Pole", "antartica", "greenland" or so.
Sitting in sweltering heat that will continue for another 2-3 weeks..

Back