How about some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I crashed my drone this morning, but after a re-start, it's back from the dead!
A savings of $500!
I put my snowblower away and got out the lawnmower, grass needs cutting.
I'm refurbishing a Weber Genesis Spirit for a fellow who's going to pay me for it!
It's gonna make 70 degrees here today!
I woke up this morning, I knew where I was at and was able to rise from my bed.
Ain't much better news than that.
Truly, the Glory Be to God!

Food truck helping out truckers during COVID-19 crisis

Mike and Jamie Williams, owners of a local food truck, took it upon themselves to help out semi-truck drivers coming through Grand Junction, CO delivering vital supplies to the virus-stricken nation.

Though a statewide stay-at-home order has left truckers with open roads and far less traffic than usual, it’s come at the cost of not having places to sit down and eat a meal, sleep or even go to the bathroom.

That’s where Big Mike’s Pork ‘N’ Wings came in.

On Wednesday night the food truck served 100 barbecue meals to truckers driving through The Pilot Truck Stop in Grand Junction. On Thursday night, they followed it up again with an even bigger showing.

Typically serving lunch at the Tractor Supply in Grand Junction, the food truck opened especially, and only, to truckers both nights so they didn’t have to worry about where they would eat dinner. The owners pulled a double shift on Thursday to make it work.

A former trucker himself, Mike Williams (“Big Mike”) knows the challenges that come with the trucking profession and knows a little bit about the situation that the crisis has created.

Full article: https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/wes...cle_501344da-79d1-11ea-9fe8-e3d9b713f2a0.html

Good news for us was getting to see our 2 year old grandson last night via video chat.
I wish I had even a tenth of his energy.

Thanks to my beautiful bride for spotting a new backyard bird for my list, an Eastern Rufous-sided Towhee.
Back in my surveying days I heard several, but saw very few due to their elusiveness. He just wouldn't give me a frontal shot.

1587315722821.png

Covid 19 POSITIVE - more time to smoke meat! Since the start - 3/8 in our area, I've smoked 1 pork shoulder and 2 briskets to be spread throughout the Jones Family breakfast lunch and dinner menus daily. Love my 18" Smoker!
Also, I bought a brisket flat from my local butcher, alway avoided due to higher cost. It was the most beautiful Choice flat ever - in quality and taste,...well I'll be!

Thanks to my beautiful bride for spotting a new backyard bird for my list, an Eastern Rufous-sided Towhee.
Back in my surveying days I heard several, but saw very few due to their elusiveness. He just wouldn't give me a frontal shot.

View attachment 3232
Bob, we now live in Hilton Head,SC on “Towhee Road” and we have some Towhees here. Have not been able to get a picture however.

So far a pork plant has closed down in here in Rochelle IL. Tried finding some pork chops and not a scrap of pork to be found anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back