How about some good music links?

attachment.php

That one's a tru classic. I thought it was a Stones song for a long time. I think Eric Burdon and Mick probably sang in the same church choir ;)

That one's a tru classic. I thought it was a Stones song for a long time. I think Eric Burdon and Mick probably sang in the same church choir ;)

I'm surprised its not covered more than it is. The video here is kind of odd, with them walking around in single file :) .

My older brother bought the album , Best of the Animals. He was five years older than me, so I had an early intro to this music. I was probably 13 yo.

Interesting take on the original that I used to play on
KCOE-FM 90.5 in Cedar Rapids IA. KCOE is now defunct.
I remember listening to S&G's version going back to the mid 60's I believe. Disturbed up'd the tempo a bit, LOL

While I should go and look up the post that turned me on to Playing For Change... I'll just leave this here.

Friday night, my g/f & went to Minneapolis' Orchestra Hall to see Black Panther, with the sound track performed live by the MN Orchestra. There was a special guest performer, Massamba Diop, who played the African talking drum and had performed on the original sound track. The end of his bio in the program listed him as a Playing For Change musician. This fine gent is a very passionate and great performer. He entered from back of house, and played all the way down the aisle, engaging the audience, on his way to the stage. I had as much enjoyment watching and listening to him perform as I did with the rest of the orchestra (no slight meant, these are all highly talented people,) and the movie shown on the big screen above.

This sort of event is an awful lot of fun, for those of you in the metro areas, look to see if any of your local orchestras are performing like this. I know it's done in the Detroit area.

What can I say it was a great day out in the garage cleaning cars and listening to great old tunes.
Steely Dan My Old School with Jeff the Skunk Baxter on Guitar

Back