How about some good music links?

Here's a little instrumental modern Jazz/Blues guitar for you to enjoy. I just "found" Charlie Hunter and I'm a fan. It takes a few minutes for these guys to get cooking, listen for 4 or 5 minutes at least.

Last edited:
Song released in 1967, written by Burt Bacharach for Dionne Warwick. It's written from the perspective of a woman whose husband is in Vietnam. Big hit for Warwick, then Aretha Franklin covered the song and a controversy breaks out as to who does it best. This first version is really good, from the 2019 Crossroads Guitar Festival.

I'm partial to the Dionne Warwick version, because that's the version 15 yo Lynn heard on the radio.

( I can't imagine the anxiety from having a love one in a war zone , wifes, girl friends, mothers ......... its gotta be hell, almost as much as what the man in combat is going through )

That was excellent !! Lots a talent on that stage, Phil Collins, Elton John, and Clapton who was playing a Les Paul Gibson. That's unusual , he's a Fender Stratocaster player. It had a very 80's look and I see it was 1987 at Wembley.

I dug this out just the other day ........... tribute to Harrison in 2004 at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony

Back