How about some good music links?

The Late Great Steve Goodman wrote the Greatest Baseball Song Ever about the team I absolutely despise. I'm so conflicted...

When this song was popular, I did not think much of it . Just another song on the radio. But now , at 70 yo , I really appreciate the arrangement and the music ....

Here's what I listen to when I'm firing up the Performer for a long cook. Cold beer, rolling smoke, and my boys from Cosmic Gate.

The wife hates EDM so it helps keep grilling time as MY time. Lol.

Edgar Winter has made a tribute album to his brother. And he had a lot of help from some impressive musicians .

Here's a review

Edgar Winter: Brother Johnny Review

This release by Quarto Valley Records features the participation of musicians such as Joe Bonamassa, Doyle Bramhall II, Robben Ford, Billy Gibbons, Warren Haynes, Keb’ Mo’, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ringo Starr, Joe Walsh, Derek Trucks, and Taylor Hawkins, among many others. The album celebrates Johnny’s career with 15 tracks carefully picked by Edgar as well as two new original numbers. While the renditions do not deviate from the originals substantially, they are infused with new doses of enthusiasm and intensity, which is the result of the passion of every musician involved.

I have this on vinyl. Released in 1969, it's a double album, but not quite. The liner notes say they had more material than would fit on two sides, but not enough to fill two discs, but they didn't want to leave anything they'd recorded out. So, side two of disc two is blank. This is the best cut on the album. Being side one, cut one means they agreed. And a prime example of why he is considered a legend in the genre.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back