How about some good music links?

Josh Smith and Kirk Fletcher appear with Joe Bonamassa pretty regularly. Joe did a tour called " Three Kings " , where he covered Freddie, Albert, and BB King. And Fletcher was part of the band on that tour.

There's a club in LA called the Baked Potato. Joe and Josh Smith get together there with some other musicians and jam. It gets put on YouTube.

The Jewish “Elvis” is my guilty pleasure. I saw him twice in concert when I was in college. The good news—he puts on a fantastic show. The bad news—all his songs sound exactly like his recordings. With the exception of his personal stories and comments during the shows and the live concert experience, I could have just listened to his recordings! His music still gets me singing along.

Here's what I listen to when I'm firing up the Performer for a long cook. Cold beer, rolling smoke, and my boys from Cosmic Gate.

The wife hates EDM so it helps keep grilling time as MY time. Lol.
Sorry, I’m with your wife on EDM. (My son and his girlfriend also love it.)
1652014757918.jpeg

So back then, you couldn't go for that.

But now, you can go for that.

Ya know, musical tastes are funny as we age. Back in the 70's and 80's, I don't think I'd enjoyed blues/rock as I do now, which its my favorite genre now. But then, I don't think I heard blues/rock in that time frame.

Music in the late 70's and 80's, was just not very good, it fact , what was played on the radio sucked.

I think I would've enjoyed Stevie Ray Vaughn, if I'd heard him in the early 80's, but if he was on the radio, I don't recall it.

Course, there's a lot of people my age, who have no tastes in music period. If they ever did, they left in their youth.

I don't have a link, but I would like to hear Mason Proffit again live.
Don't know if they are all around anymore. Two Hangmen........

So Wayne was all like, "Dude! It's a really sweet Skynyrd song!"
And Garth was all like, "Sweet! But you know that Skynyrd didn't write it, right?"
And Wayne was all like, "No way!"
And Garth was all like, "Way!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Timothy, how did I miss your post?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

My favorite singer of all time!!!!!!

Ah, consider the Power Trio. A time-honored rock & roll configuration. ZZ Top, Hendrix, Cream, Robin Trower (post-Procol Harum), and Grand Funk, to name but a few. Although I like the full MKB with horns and keys, just him and his rhythm section make a powerful argument for bringing back the classic three-piece. One of Grand Funk's heaviest, and perhaps the best cover of it, IMO. A 1960 'Burst through a Marshall stack and a Fender Precision through a Bassman amp, pretty much how it's done.

Ah, consider the Power Trio. A time-honored rock & roll configuration. ZZ Top, Hendrix, Cream, Robin Trower (post-Procol Harum), and Grand Funk, to name but a few. Although I like the full MKB with horns and keys, just him and his rhythm section make a powerful argument for bringing back the classic three-piece. One of Grand Funk's heaviest, and perhaps the best cover of it, IMO. A 1960 'Burst through a Marshall stack and a Fender Precision through a Bassman amp, pretty much how it's done.

Just saw this. I was fortunate that a friend introduced me to MKB a few years ago by taking me to a show at a small club in DC. I was blown away. He is pretty amazing. I've watched that video several times over the last several months and it never gets old.

Another good one:

Last edited:

Back