How about some good music links?

I'm sure I've posted this song before, but I'm gonna post it again because I love the funk, its a funky song ..............

Donald Fagen (Steely Dan,) Michael Mcdonald (Doobie Brothers, et al,) and Boz Scaggs. Sort of a strange mash-up, but some great renditions. I bought the Blu-Ray, and it's got a pretty darned good production values.

wow, the 1973 version of Steely Dan ............. Fagan and Becker left these guys behind and for the rest of the 70's they used session musicians. They were notoriously picky about their music. They would call musicians into the studio, hear them play, and call another one in the next day, until they found the sound they were looking for. And they were really tough on drummers, it had to be perfect. They even filtered out Michael McDonald a time or two, he talks about it today. They did arrive on Larry Carlton on lead guitar though, he became pretty steady.

and for the rest of the 70's they used session musicians
Jay Graydon, who played the solo on "Peg" was one of several guitarists who recorded one for the song. He said he didn't know his made the record until he heard it on the radio. There's a youtube of him teaching the solo to legendary session guitarist Tim Pierce.

She's popular in the UK, not known here, but does a good job with this song, not as strong as Samantha Fish, but strong

Back