Hello My Friends

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Well, the past couple of months have been a whirlwind for me and though I have done some nice cooks I have not had much opportunity to photo them and post. Just got back from two weeks in Spain and Portugal with the CEO and our travel companions. Missed you guys and decided to post up tonights first use of the WSM in over two months. The Back to Eden Garden has been prolific and we are harvesting daily.

DSC_0403_zpsv0nwzyhx.jpg

Short Ribs

Picked up two flats (four bones each) from the local butcher shop. This is an Ode to some cool fellows, the BBQ Pit Boys. Anyhow, trimmed and seasoned with SPG liberally and allowed to come to room temp.

DSC_0406_zpsvlfmpygo.jpg

On the WSM at 240-260 over Lump and Stubbs mix with a handful of Jack Daniels chips thrown on just before putting them on

DSC_0407_zps21qhekfo.jpg

My favorite doctoring of Bush's, Jalapeno Onion Garlic from the garden, simmered for awhile and then the beans on. A little Molasses and Brown Sugar towards the end.

DSC_0410_zpsjy3hkzey.jpg

DSC_0411_zpsfmtjymgz.jpg

Six and a half hours later done at 205

DSC_0412_zpse42xkekx.jpg

15 minute rest and sliced up

DSC_0417_zpsrlvseg0c.jpg

On the table, the CEO made her Corn Bread and a nice recipe with our Swiss Chard

DSC_0419_zpsy2upcgsl.jpg

Take Care and have a good week ahead

Welcome back Bill! All your photos are nice, but your top photo has very vibrant colors. What are you shooting these days?

You never skipped a beat with that cook Bill, welcome back, always enjoy your informative cooks.

Welcome back Bill! All your photos are nice, but your top photo has very vibrant colors. What are you shooting these days?

Hi Bob, the past year I have been alternating between my Sony A7 II and my Nikon D610. Used the Nikon with this cook

Good to see you back, Bill! Hope you enjoyed Spain as much as I did on our trip back in June. Get your fill of jamon?

Nice ribs.....wish I could find them here!

Rich

Amazing plate of food Bill! funny enough I'm just about to post some pics of beef short ribs cook too ! looks like 2 great minds think alike!

Jules

Holeyballs Bill! Your last photo is OUTSTANDING!!

DSC_0419_zpsy2upcgsl.jpg

Looks like you got some great looking chard, garlic, some nice banana peppers and spinach... what's that in the back in the ol' white colander? Onions?
Nice colander by the way... better hide it when i'm around ;)

I was in the neighborhood (The Farmer and the Chickpea) driving down 22. Realized I hadn't read
any posts of yours lately. Your trip sounds great. Beautiful cook.

Back