Getting close to Kingsford charcoal deals?

Something tells me that Memorial Day Sales will become 4th of July Sales and then Labor Day Sales and then we will be hoping they have end of season clearance sales.

My "barometer" is $.49 per lb - that's what I can get Royal Oak All Natural at Wally World - not a fan of KBB just doesn't smoke well for me. I'm ok paying $.55 per lb for Kingsford Pro at Costco because I feel like it's slightly more uniform than All Natural. That being said if I find solid coal for les than that - I'm in

Here we have a charcoal ban in the summer for the last four years due to the fire hazards. So my use of charcoal is down about 80% ( I don't do much winter grilling and use mostly gas or the pellet grill) so I'm still using up my stash from 5 or 6 years ago. But I can use the pellet grill in the summer and the cost of pellets is driving me to the poor house.
Can't win for losing.

Last edited:
I would think they would shut down all open flame grills rather than just coal burners.

They sold at $16.88 last year, about $3 off the normal price. Will lack of inventory keep the prices high this season? Or with things kind of getting back to normal, will Lowe's and HD try to entice people back into the store with loss-leader pricing? We shall see.

Better late than never, but Home Depot here in Hays, KS had it at 16.88 for 40lbs. That was back on 4/8/21.

My local HD has 236 of the twin packs in stock. $19.88. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if they are planning any sales...

I’ve been stocking up on B&B using True Value/Ace and ordering online and getting it shipped just a few blocks from my house. True Value offers specials on a regular basis as well. I bought some King Pro at Costco but it is not my favorite. It burned so fast I couldn’t believe it. I’m going to stick with mostly B&B for now.

I’ve been stocking up on B&B using True Value/Ace and ordering online and getting it shipped just a few blocks from my house. True Value offers specials on a regular basis as well. I bought some King Pro at Costco but it is not my favorite. It burned so fast I couldn’t believe it. I’m going to stick with mostly B&B for now.
Which B&B do you use? I checked out Ace site, but there are 7 different choices.

View attachment 26480Mostly this but I have also ordered the lump and the logs (haven’t used logs yet). They give regular “$5 off $15” plus other deals. You just have to create and account. I like the size of the briquettes. Not as big as Weber but much larger than Kingsford.
Thanks!

I'm an Ace Rewards member too. I basically ignore most of the emails. Now I guess that I'll start having to pay attention. I'm pretty well stocked up, because I snagged 20 bags of KBB on FB Marketplace, but there's always room for more!

Thanks, again!

View attachment 26480Mostly this but I have also ordered the lump and the logs (haven’t used logs yet). They give regular “$5 off $15” plus other deals. You just have to create and account. I like the size of the briquettes. Not as big as Weber but much larger than Kingsford.
How does this burn compared with Kingsford blue? I’ve thought about making that move but didn’t know if it would be worth the price.

Costco has a one week in store only deal for Kingsford Professional. Two 18 lb bags are $14.99 with a limit of three. It's three per purchase. I've never tried to buy more than three in one day, but have done it on different days. The sale starts today, 5/8.

Costco has a one week in store only deal for Kingsford Professional. Two 18 lb bags are $14.99 with a limit of three. It's three per purchase. I've never tried to buy more than three in one day, but have done it on different days. The sale starts today, 5/8.
I just got their sale flier that goes from 5/19 to 6/13 and. K-Pro is not listed in there. Though possible they'll have it as one of their warehouse hot buys over Memorial Day Weekend just like they did with the one that started on 5/8 and went past Mother's Day Weekend.

Not a huge fan of these for the smoker, but I like 'em in the kettle and at $14.99, that's a buy! Thanks for sharing

In my memories on FB, from 8 years ago, I was letting friends know Walmart had twin 15 lb. bags for $6.95. Guess we'll never see those prices again. :(

Back