Getting close to Kingsford charcoal deals?

I just checked our local HD ad, KBB starting 4/8/21 2-pack 20 LB $16.88.

So far, looks like the same price as last year. I wonder if something better might come along for Memorial Day, or if it will just be the same thing.

Same here, just loaded up with K-Pro, which was cheaper than the KBB "sales" so far. I have no plans on buying regular KBB any time soon.

The $16.88 sale price is the same as last year. Hopefully the Memorial Day Sales will be better. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. If not, then I'll stick with the K-Pro sales @ Costco.

The $16.88 sale price is the same as last year. Hopefully the Memorial Day Sales will be better. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. If not, then I'll stick with the K-Pro sales @ Costco.
Don't bet on it. I waited for a better price last year but it never came.

I just checked our local HD ad, KBB starting 4/8/21 2-pack 20 LB $16.88.

So far, looks like the same price as last year. I wonder if something better might come along for Memorial Day, or if it will just be the same thing.
It’s on starting today. Just bought from a row of 5 pallets at my local HD.

think i found my "GO TO" charcoal in B&B briquettes... and i don't care about the cost of it.
Kingsford will be the stuff i use for basic everyday grilling (yet right now, i have zero Kingsford)
B&B briqs, in my opinion, is awesome stuff! Even better than the Weber Briquettes i fell in love with a few years ago.

think i found my "GO TO" charcoal in B&B briquettes... and i don't care about the cost of it.
Kingsford will be the stuff i use for basic everyday grilling (yet right now, i have zero Kingsford)
B&B briqs, in my opinion, is awesome stuff! Even better than the Weber Briquettes i fell in love with a few years ago.
I can agree with that too, even though I did get some Kings for Nathans dogs on the grill. I found an Ace in Mississippi that has old stacks of the BB briqs and I’m over there a couple times a week and get 2-3 bags each trip since the news of the sell out and sure to be changes in quality, quantity or size briqs.

With the popularity of pellet grills, you'd think there would be a glut of charcoal.
A local farm and home store has Traegers and pellets on sale, but nothing charcoal related.

I ended up buying 400 pounds of KBB today at HD. Just at $107 out the door, for that price I’ll use it.

I have about 700 pounds of charcoal in the shed now. I should be good for the rest of the year.

(edit added second picture)

Attachments

• DB8CC8F4-1D35-47AC-82D4-A034879F76CD.jpeg
    DB8CC8F4-1D35-47AC-82D4-A034879F76CD.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 0A016AA8-01A4-410F-BF17-5C12AB93098F.jpeg
    0A016AA8-01A4-410F-BF17-5C12AB93098F.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
With the popularity of pellet grills, you'd think there would be a glut of charcoal.
A local farm and home store has Traegers and pellets on sale, but nothing charcoal related.
When I went to Costco for the K-Pro the Traeger people were there and we had to walk right by them with a cart full of charcoal. They told me they could make my life easier and that my food would taste better if I actually used smoke to flavor my cooks. I let them know that I had a nice bin of Makers Mark oak barrel pieces and proceeded to the checkout. After I loaded it in my truck I went back and got 3 more 2-packs(the limit) and walked right by them again, very slowly. Good times.

Back