Gas prices going down... down, down, down.

That's ok Bob. We do have refineries in Los Angeles but ALL taxes in this city, county, and state are some of the worst in the country. But the weather is good and my daughters and granddaughter are here. Makes it all ok, sort of.

$2.07 in Des Plaines IL this morning. The state and county fuel taxes here are higher than most. But the prices have not
bottomed out yet.

You forgot to post your selfie pic Mike.

36f61ad731b85e36f06616b319c77a2e_400x400.jpeg

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT!?!?

(thought I burned 'em all....)

I drove from Wisconsin to North Carolina yesterday, a total of over 980 miles, and spent exactly $62.95 on 32.0 gallons of gas. I paid just $1.75 a gallon in Indiana and the most was $2.16 in NC.

It's like they're giving the stuff away.

Last edited:
$1.72 in Montgomery IL this morning.:) Traded in my old fuel hog Trailblazer for a Ford Escape.
My 100 mile daily commute costs about half of what I used to pay.
Tim

Lowest of our 3 Costco area stores this morning is $1.64, a few days ago it was $1.51.

I read an article the other day that claimed Quick Trip controls the gas prices in our area.
They let the price creep down to a certain point, then Bam! back up again, and all the other stations follow suit.

$2.98 up here (converted to U.S.$ and U.S. gallon).

Moral: don't visit us if you're going to do a lot (heck, any) driving.

On Thanksgiving I saw $1.83 on I-90 just south (technically east) of the WI/IL border.

But the title of this thread begs this:

Got rid of my gas sucking Dodge truck 10-12 mpg and bought a 2014 Hunyadi Santa Fe Sport gets 25-26 mpg in town. Much better vehicle for our needs, only fill it up once a month when we go to Costco instead of three times a month for the Dodge. With gas being so low now we're saving $100+ a month, nice.

today oil has dropped below $38/barrel. $38 a barrel.... I used to pay $75 to fill up my truck! OPEC is really squeezing US producers especially shale. I don't think we see the US energy market recover for at least another year. If it goes on any longer you are going to see a lot of small fracking companies close their doors.

Back