Gas prices going down... down, down, down.

crude oil as of yesterday was $85 a barrel, not that long ago it was $103.

do they still have those deals where you can lock in a gas price, like a prepaid gas card that you can use when prices go up?

I think they died out a few years back. Big in the late 2000's though. AFAIK they still sell them in the UK.

Here in Vancouver BC today is was $ 1.289 cdn per litre. If you convert to US gal and add the exchange it is $ 4.32 .
3.785 litres is 1 US gallon

Phil, you need to take a trip back up here to Salisbury! The Hess and Loves are battling it out. It just dropped to $2.99 on Jake. Hope you're recovering nicely, and get back to delivering up in this area.
Tim

Yesterday in Pontiac Illinois I paid 2.89 a gallon at Thornton. Only 15 miles south on I55 the BP was trying to rip people off at 3.38.
If you are ever near Pontiac, they have a great Pontiac auto museum, and a very nice RT66 museum, and both are free.

I've got all the gas I can handle after the new chili I made last night:p But Costco in Prescott is down to $2.98 from $3.11 two days ago.

I got some for the pick up yesterday about 10 miles up the road in Denver ( NC that is,not CO!). It was $2.85/gallon. I put some in Pammi Sue's car just a bit ago at the BP across the street and it was $2.95/gallon.

2.69 here in Richmond VA was the cheapest i have seen. Prices are all over the place though as i have seen them still up over $3.00 in places...

$2.56 this afternoon in WoodDale IL. I don't fill up anymore because the price keeps dropping, and will be lower in a few days again.
Waiting to break that 2 dollar barrier. Screw OPEC, drill here,drill now.

Gas price comes down and insurance gets even higher.

Last edited:
I work in the Oil and Gas industry in an HR function but gas going down is good in the short run but not in the long run. I am already seeing companies/sectors not pumping because they are starting to lose money. People are already getting laid off which is not good for my company/job.

$2.56 this afternoon in WoodDale IL. I don't fill up anymore because the price keeps dropping, and will be lower in a few days again.
Waiting to break that 2 dollar barrier. Screw OPEC, drill here,drill now.

American companies are slowing down/stopping drilling due to low oil costs.

Back