Gas prices going down... down, down, down.

Low gas prices will have unintended consequences.

Exactly. People will take this extra gas money that's been budgeted and might buy a new car, weekend toy(RV, motorcycle, ATV, etc.)then boom! Right back up to $4-$5 a gallon in a blink. It's a false security.

I welcome this. The other countries (OPEC) have to respond by lowering prices. That means every Joe like me can spend more money on gas and travel more. Plus a lot of undesirables that are rich on monopoly oil are in trouble. That's good for us too.

The whole scare about the price being too low comes from the folks that got their butts handed to them by going long on futures. Don't listen to them and instead study economics. Producers still make the same amount of money because we use more oil. Economics 101.

Oklahoma City gas is $1.89. Here in Wichita, KS it is $2.31. GasBuddy app is good to see the local prices.

So if you parked your F250FWD or Dodge Ram with a Hemi when gas was close to 5 bucks a gallon, now might be a good time to
give them some exercise.

I'm not going to comment on the political nature of cheaper gas, but I sure don't mind paying under 3$ for 93 octane!

Just checked. Costco in Northridge Calif. (Los Angeles) is $2.39. Can't remember the last time it was that low but I do remember my first ever tank of gas was $.17 per gallon. Yes that was seventeen cents per gallon.

Of course, gas is coming down BUT meat is going up. I just isn't fair!!

When Diane and I were dating, I could fill up my Datsun 510 and hit McDonalds for 2 burgers, 2 fries and 2 chocolate shakes and get change back from a $5.00 bill...:rolleyes:

When Diane and I were dating, I could fill up my Datsun 510 and hit McDonalds for 2 burgers, 2 fries and 2 chocolate shakes and get change back from a $5.00 bill...:rolleyes:
You forgot to post your selfie pic Mike.

36f61ad731b85e36f06616b319c77a2e_400x400.jpeg

ChuckO, where on the left coast are you. Costco in the San Fernando Valley is at $2.39. Arco $2.43 and the others are all over the place. Probably will start to go back up. Situation normal.

Back