Fix for Photobucket block

So where does everyone store their pics to post on here? I used to use p/b but have not posted pics in so long, I forgot how. Is there another location people use to post pics? (Bought a new camera and my better half got me photo lesson at the local Comm. College) ;)

I have gone to imgur as well. It was pretty hard getting used to after being a photobucket user for about ten plus years, but after a while I have gotten used to it.

Imgur here. It's great, imho. Did not care for Flikr. I posted a how-to for Kemper in gen photos. Will copy here tomorrow or so.

Flickr is very handy for the iPhone. If you install the app, you can just one-click your photos to your library. Posting here is easy and reliable. Flickr lets you choose the size -- just use the "BB Code" option (Bulletin Board code) and it's a simple copy and paste.

Jeff

IMGUR uses the exact same system for posting. I don't know if they have an android or iphone app however.

Here is a "how to" for using Imgur from a computer:

1. Sign in.

2. Under your name dropdown, click albums.

3. In blue at the top you will see "New Album". Click on that.

4. You will see "Create An Album". So, name your album & make sure public is selected. & then save.

5. Next a dialogue will come up "Select images for this album". Just hit save. Don't select anything.

6. Under your name drop-down in the upper right select "Images"

7. Under the "Add images" select your newly created album.

8. Under "Auto resize" select the size you like. The 17 inch monitor size works very well.

9. Then hit "Add images". You can browse your computer to find the pix you want. Select them.

10. Your pix get uploaded.

11. Under your name drop-down select albums.

12. Open your album. Select "rearrange images" & move them around to your satisfaction. You can also add more images.

13. Click "Done rearranging.

14. Almost home.... Right-Click on your pic.

15. Select "copy image address" or click the "copy" box on the page.

16. & paste it into the "insert image" button in the top of the tool bar.

17. Hit OK. & you're done.

I know this seems like a lot of work, but once you have done it a few times it goes rather quickly.

Thanks for taking the time to post this Robert. I copied it to a Word file in the event I need to switch again. I'm pretty happy with Shutterfly however.

So far I'm very happy with FLIKR but I did copy Roberts instructions for Imgur in case I want to move to that.
Thanks for posting the instructions Robert.

Back