Father’s Day Ribeye’s

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Hope everyone had a great Father’s Day.
Barb and I just did a simple steak and asparagus dinner.
A couple of gin martinis before the cook and some play time with the pups.
Did two ribeye’s on the E320 gasser due to the charcoal ban.
One with SPOG and the other with one of the rubs my son sent me for Father’s Day.
Barb made an asparagus casserole which was very good the steaks turned out excellent. Surprisingly the bulls*** rub was really good!
We had plenty of leftover steak for some steak salads later in the week.

101_7436.JPG

101_7438.JPG

101_7440.JPG

101_7443.JPG

101_7447.JPG101_7451.JPG

Attachments

• 101_7451.JPG
    101_7451.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 2
One of my coworkers who dabbles in backyard cooking (he is more into his grills, gagetes, and stuff then the actual cooking, but I digress) speaks very highly of the $#!? Line of rubs. I have never tried them. I will be watching out for more of your reviews.
Steaks look amazing, perfectly cooked! Happy Father's day Rich!

A couple of gin martinis before the cook and some play time with the pups.
GREAT looking steaks, Rich! Cooked just perfectly, and the dessert looks delish, too (did Barb make that??)

The name martini is a pet peeve of mine, as I am a great lover of an extra dry martini......which is ALWAYS gin, as the drink was intended. I think after my parents' generation, as vodka popularity increased, and gin popularity declined, most folks have no idea that martinis are made with anything except for vodka.

So.....what's your preferred gin? :) For mixing, I typically prefer Bombay Sapphire or Hendrick's. For sipping, my dad hooked me on a dutch gin called Boomsma many, many years ago.....keep it in the freezer, smooth as silk!

R

Gin - I am all in on either Plymouths or The Botanist, but excepting for most rail gins, I wouldn’t turn any down :D

GREAT looking steaks, Rich! Cooked just perfectly, and the dessert looks delish, too (did Barb make that??)

The name martini is a pet peeve of mine, as I am a great lover of an extra dry martini......which is ALWAYS gin, as the drink was intended. I think after my parents' generation, as vodka popularity increased, and gin popularity declined, most folks have no idea that martinis are made with anything except for vodka.

So.....what's your preferred gin? :) For mixing, I typically prefer Bombay Sapphire or Hendrick's. For sipping, my dad hooked me on a dutch gin called Boomsma many, many years ago.....keep it in the freezer, smooth as silk!

R
Couldn't agree more Rich. My Dad used Beef Eaters gin and I followed that tradition. He also told me the way to make an extra dry martini, hold the vermouth bottle with the cap on straight up over the martini and count to three and that's enough vermouth.
I recently found the perfect olives for martinis made by Mezzetta they are even called Martini olives they are marinated in vermouth, really good.
Even Barb likes martinis and she loves Wild Turkey on the rocks too.
I also keep my gin in the freezer also.

Either Beefeater or Bombay gin for me, but I'm a gin and tonic guy, especially in the summer.

Oh ya, the steaks look fantastic! And that dessert....:love:

Wow! Rich and Barb, this looks amazing. How'd Barb do that casserole? I would devour all of it.
Tim here is the recipe for the casserole. Simple to make and definitely a keeper.

Cheesy Baked Asparagus

Ingredients

3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped cashews
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange asparagus in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; add cream, salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella, cashews and Parmesan cheese. Bake until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted and golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Transfer dish to wire cooling rack; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

06/03/22

Tim here is the recipe for the casserole. Simple to make and definitely a keeper.

Cheesy Baked Asparagus

Ingredients

3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped cashews
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange asparagus in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; add cream, salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella, cashews and Parmesan cheese. Bake until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted and golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Transfer dish to wire cooling rack; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

06/03/22
Rich, somehow I missed the asparagus casserole the first time through. Looks and sounds delicious so thanks for posting the recipe. 🙂

Back