Deleted thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I tried to prune the thread about spray paint shortages and got so frustrated with it that I deleted the whole thing. You guys know the drill. Let's not talk about crime and government regulation and inflation and how bad things are today and so on. This is a forum where we can put all that stuff aside, at least for a little while, and talk about fun subjects like barbecuing and grilling and grill restoration and recipes.

My apologies to Jon for deleting his thread, I don't think it was his intention for it go in the direction it did.

Great price for the HHU at Amazon. It was $9.99 a can at Tractor Supply today when i was there. I don't need any more this year, but will probably, regrettingly, go that route next spring.

And I paid $9.99 for the can of MF Grey that I picked up there. So you got some great deals.

So just for clarity, the inflation subject is off limits ?

That means we should not talk beef and pork prices ? Or anything that might influence those prices ?

I think if we just keep it in terms relating to grilling and BBQ'ing, we will be fine. THe price of gasoline in LA vs St Louis is probably not going to fly however.

Thank You Chris, no need to have blood pressures rising over that over which we have little control. This site is a haven from the storms of political ire which we are inundated with on most media.
I appreciate your integrity.

My last comment: I feel bad to have been the creator of that thread. I only intended to point out my observations about shortages that are affecting the grill restoration hobby and us in general. I appreciated the tip on an alternate source for the paint I can't find. No, paint and grill supplies are not a big thing to worry about compared to way more serious matters. But, it does affect our hobby.

Anyway, I am sorry for how it went south. I will be more careful to stay away from things that sound political as I agree this should be a non-political and friendly site.

In '07 I made the mistake of having posted here a foiled burglary attempt at my place. The perp fled and all the posters stated what they'd do if it happened to them. Bad choice/post by me. Never again and I am law enforcement. And as advice to you-all never NEVER post what you'd do to a perp as it can turn against you in a court of law totally. END OF SUBJECT.

Last edited:
My last comment: I feel bad to have been the creator of that thread. I only intended to point out my observations about shortages that are affecting the grill restoration hobby and us in general. I appreciated the tip on an alternate source for the paint I can't find. No, paint and grill supplies are not a big thing to worry about compared to way more serious matters. But, it does affect our hobby.

Anyway, I am sorry for how it went south. I will be more careful to stay away from things that sound political as I agree this should be a non-political and friendly site.
Did you get the part numbers down or did they disappear?
I can get them again for you if you need them.

Jon you absolutely have nothing to apologize for. You made a simple observation related to a grill rehab.

Jon, there is no reason for you to feel like you kicked a hornets nest, you made a legitimate post! It just managed to fly very much sideways I don’t know how or why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back