Curb Alert !!!

One extra thing I bring is a strong cardboard box or plastic wastebasket about two feet high. With a couple degenerative discs, the box makes it easier to flip the grill on it's back and near bumper height before I slide it on a tarp into the minivan.

You got ALL that stuff in a 4 Runner at the same time? That's amazing since the 4 Runner interior is smaller than the Highlander and I doubt I could do that
Oh, it was a hassle to get it all in there for sure. I was using the right side shelf frame of the 2000 as an arm rest on the way home.
Barb was using the flavorizer bars of all three grills as a front seat foot rest. Had the rear tailgate window halfway down to get the back part of one of the gen1000 shelf to stick out about 8 inches. Put the cooking grates down on the floor under the rear seat.
Definitely 10 pounds in a 9-pound car. Of course, everything settled as we drove home and locked itself all together. Took us over an hour to untangle it all to get it out of the car.
That was about 6 years ago and today I'm still reminded about that trip when I see the scratches on the top of the washer.

I’m glad I have my trucks with 8 foot beds. Or the smaller one with a 5’7” which just happens to hold a Sequoia perfectly!

Not really a curb alert but saw a really neat kettle today for sale. It was at the Brimfield, MA antiques flea market. It was robin's egg blue (powder blue, or as the guy called it, Tiffany blue), had lower daisy wheel vents, thumb screw legs, and round steel handles on the bowl - overall in great shape. The guy said he "looked it up online" and said it was from the 1960's. He wanted $1200 for it. At that price I did not get to see if it would fit in a Prius:ROFLMAO:

Look at THIS!! Rare coffee color lid!! Wow. And black Durawood!! Looks in decent shape.

well i could kill two birds with one stone here. There's a nice used Ford Ranger I was considering up that way, and what better way to prove to the wife that I could use a truck than to go up there, get the truck, and come home with this in the bed, too. I mean, if I'm already driving that far...lol

well i could kill two birds with one stone here. There's a nice used Ford Ranger I was considering up that way, and what better way to prove to the wife that I could use a truck than to go up there, get the truck, and come home with this in the bed, too. I mean, if I'm already driving that far...lol
You’re going to have to settle for just a truck on this one. Arrangements were made yesterday and the grill is coming home with me this weekend.

IMG_0331.jpeg

Back