Curb Alert !!!

OH Jon, I could grab this on my way past Madison to pick up the CharQ tomorrow Morning.

This is FAR from free, but looks awesome
I’m probably in the minority but I’ll never understand the excitement over these American Frozen Foods logo grills. To me, it always looks like a pimple on a prom queen.
IMG_0346.jpeg

I really want a blue lid, but that logo is a nogo for me. Just plain blue.

It is a badass grill though. Really nice

Yah, unless you have some kind of affinity for what the logo represents, then it detracts from the overall grill appeal IMO.

I have seen Snap On and I believe Coca Cola version redheads. Those would be OK with me. There are also Weber Kettles with Uline and Snyders of Hanover (pretzels), to name a few.

Blue hoods are really sharp, but I agree that this one is kind of homely due to the logo.

I would grab a Coca Cola or SnapOn in a heartbeat. There might be serious interest in one of those rehabbed over and above the normal rehab price.

I like that blue lid grill, but not three hundred and fifty like.

I would just tell my guests AFF stands for “another fine feast”…lol

Dan, from what I remember on some posts here, having a grill on concrete without something between the two is not a good thing. Not sure why though. Something about a chemical reaction that induces rust on the steel frame near the ground.

Last edited:
Bruce, I've not heard of that before, yet I've not seen hundreds of grills.

What I've seen is grills that are stored in a garden with dirt or bark under them seem to be rust buckets, and the rest seem to dry out.

Right now I don't have space, or time to pickup the summit, but if it gets to free I'll be tempted.

I can’t fathom any chemical reaction on concrete. Sounds like a story to me but hey, stranger things have happened🤣

I can’t fathom any chemical reaction on concrete. Sounds like a story to me but hey, stranger things have happened🤣
Not a story it's quite true. The dampness from the concrete come off and carries the alkaline residue of lye from the cement and it eats into the metal. If you've seen how many vehicles I have seen with rusted frames, that were never driven in winter from this you would understand. If the floor is sealed or has one of those large rubber mats it's all good though

Back