Curb Alert !!!

Not a story it's quite true. The dampness from the concrete come off and carries the alkaline residue of lye from the cement and it eats into the metal. If you've seen how many vehicles I have seen with rusted frames, that were never driven in winter from this you would understand. If the floor is sealed or has one of those large rubber mats it's all good though
Sorry but I still don’t buy it.

I’ve had vehicles and boats and trailers and lawn mowers, all sorts of stuff sit on concrete for literal decades. Zero rust

My moms trailer has sat in the same spot for 30 years. No rust. My stepdads kettle, sat on concrete between three different houses, zero rust. Grandmas car, same story.

I suppose possible environmental factors, maybe, from location but other than that I can’t say it holds any water.

Sorry but I still don’t buy it.

I’ve had vehicles and boats and trailers and lawn mowers, all sorts of stuff sit on concrete for literal decades. Zero rust

My moms trailer has sat in the same spot for 30 years. No rust. My stepdads kettle, sat on concrete between three different houses, zero rust. Grandmas car, same story.

I suppose possible environmental factors, maybe, from location but other than that I can’t say it holds any water.
If your near the beach or if you live in a climate where salt or brine is used on the roads it will.

And that’s exactly what I was about to say after thinking a bit, it would have to be because of salt and humidity in the air, not the concrete.

Once you live in Michigan (likely Wisconsin and Minnesota as well) the powers that be use a staggering amount of road salt. You can open a window after the truck goes by my house and salt your popcorn! Cars rust at an alarming rate around here.

And for the record, didn’t this conversation start with concrete causing rust in someone’s California (or Nevada?) backyard?

So yeah, Michigan Roads are practically the same thing…lol

Disintegrate?
Usually the concrete itself doesn't last long enough, but it rusts awfully badly. Obviously the presence of moisture makes it even more pronounced. And also keep in mind how thick rebar is especially the stuff used in roads, and I have seen the "wire" used in it crumble

And for the record, didn’t this conversation start with concrete causing rust in someone’s California (or Nevada?) backyard?

So yeah, Michigan Roads are practically the same thing…lol
No clue. The question was asked a few posts ago and I simply responded. I doubt if in Nevada it would be an issue

No clue. The question was asked a few posts ago and I simply responded. I doubt if in Nevada it would be an issue
Ok, I am here to learn.

But it is the internet so a lot of what I read I have to be skeptical about.

And New Jersey is also part of “the rust belt”.

The summit in question is in Folsom CA.

only salt on the road is from a bag of French Fries blowing out the window.

Maybe if the grill cam in contact with the concrete will moving it or something similar rust can occur. We also don't know the previous history and from looking at some parts on the two I had they have rust from within in areas where there was no water to be expected. Unprotected metal is always vulnerable.

This looks like a steal if you are anywhere near the Green Bay, WI area.

Back