Corned Beef

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Here's a cook I never got to a couple of weeks ago. It's Weber's recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage. It's one of my favorites.

I made this loaf of Irish Soda Bread to go with the meal.

DSC_3004 (Large).JPG

I'd purchased a Snake River Farms corned beef from Costco for St. Patrick's Day, but after the delay in doing this cook I decided to freeze it and cook this smaller brisket from Shenson's. About 2.5 lbs. Placed it on some sliced onions, carrots, celery and a few cloves of crushed garlic.

DSC_3006 (Large).JPG

Then I added a couple cans of diced tomatoes and some water.

DSC_3010 (Large).JPG

Got it on the Performer, covered tightly with foil and let it go for two hours.

DSC_3012 (Large).JPG

Uncovered and added some quartered new potatoes and a few wedges of cabbage. Covered and let it roll for another hour.

DSC_3017 (Large).JPG

Pulled when potatoes and cabbage were cooked.

DSC_3020 (Large).JPG

Sliced it up.

DSC_3023 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_3026 (Large).JPG

This made for a really nice dinner. Felt good to get the grill going again. Hope you're all doing as well as expected during this difficult time. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
All sounds good Cliff, but your pics aren't showing up for me.
Glad to see you posting, I was beginning to worry. :)

All sounds good Cliff, but your pics aren't showing up for me.
Glad to see you posting, I was beginning to worry. :)

Thanks Bob. We're fine. Just following the new rules and hunkering down. Been watching a lot of old games on MLB channel. Saw a couple of good St. Louis games yesterday.

Last edited:
That's a great looking CB meal, Cliff, glad you finally got to do it! I'll be interested to see what your thoughts are about the Shensons vs. SRF CB are. I think the Shenson's is brisket, and, if I'm not mistaken, the CostCo SRF are from the round.

Thanks for persevering with your photos! :)

R

Interesting recipe...do the vegetables basically generate enough moisture to create a braise?

That looks great Cliff. Barb and I have made that Weber recipe a couple of times and it's really good. Glad to hear you guys are okay. I'm in self imposed house arrest, going on day 17 now. Getting really bored, you can only play ball with the dogs for so long.

Back