Chicken Thighs with Sweet Apricot – Hoisin Glaze.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The new Weber book that Barb won “Weber’s New American Barbeque” really has some outstanding recipes in it and takes some of the old classics to a new level.
One is Chicken Thighs with Sweet Apricot – Hoisin Glaze. This is the one we did last night.
The glaze is a combination of apricot preserves, hoisin sauce, lemon juice and fresh ginger.
I used my new favorite smoking wood olive.
Barb made her corn on the bone and a plate salad.
The other day she made a new coleslaw also from this book and had some leftover dressing which was perfect on the salad.
I have to say I’m no gourmet cook but this one was outstanding, never had thighs with this kind of complex flavors. Between the rub and the glaze and the light sweet olive wood smoke it was perfect.

The Rub
DSCN3163_zpsp4jesi38.jpg

DSCN3171_zpszjrjxh4d.jpg

DSCN3179_zpsd11eid2w.jpg

DSCN3175_zpssqrjsdv0.jpg

DSCN3183_zps8zb4nw7n.jpg

DSCN3181_zpsgw16yujj.jpg

DSCN3185_zps2s3tu9ro.jpg

DSCN3187_zps0s8z5vz6.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:
Rich;
What a plate of goodness!!! I plan on trying that recipe myself. And-d-d, just so you know that I am NOT copying you:rolleyes:, but our local prize winning sweet corn will be on the menu, too!!

My oldest son and his family are dropping in from North Carolina for ten days or so, and we WILL be grilling and smoking up a storm.

Thanks for sharing this EXCELLENT cook with us!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I used my new favorite smoking wood olive
Very interesting. Never even thought about Olive wood. Vineyards and Olive orchards abundant here, gonna have to pick up some staves.

Fantastic cook Rich! Tell Barb hello

Great cook Rich. Hoisin makes for a really nice glaze.
I used olive wood yesterday cooking wings on the JJ using my…………….vortex. ;)
It almost gives the food a lemony flavour, really nice.

Last edited:
Super looking everything Rich!
A Gallery post, IMO, as it should be, with details about ingredients, method, etc.
and great pics too!

Back