Built a BBQ-bicycle

anders

TVWBB Fan
so I haven't posted here for a couple years, but thought that you guys might appreciate this. :)

I've recently moved to Amsterdam and I don't have a garden anymore, so "let's get mobile" I thought, and make use of all the public spots!

Got my hands on an old cargo bike and rebuilt the wooden box:

Initially I was simply storing the BBQ and the food/beer cooler in the box, but then I added the ability to slide out the BBQ:

Works perfect:

So once again, BBQ bliss is achieved:

:)

Very cool, Anders! Would you be able to pedal around and sell food from the grill, or would health and safety regulations prohibit that?

Thanks everyone! :)

One of the first questions that a friend asked was indeed, "so can you cycle around while it's smoking?", and I would say, "technically yes..." ;)

For pedaling around and selling food? Well, once a year we celebrate the King's birthday here ("King's Day", look it up) when everything seems to legal. So everyone is out partying on the streets, selling old stuff in their own small flea markets, people selling cold beer on the street, some are indeed barbecuing and selling, everything. So during that day it would be possible, but we're usually too busy having fun then.

Hiroaki Aoki, the famous (and very rich) founder of the Benihana Japanese restaurant chain got his seed money from selling ice cream after hours to hookers in the Harlem district of New York City.

Have you considered peddling your rig through the De Walletjes district of Amsterdam and selling BBQ to the working girls? It could give "pulled pork" a whole new meaning. :cool:

Back