Beef Ribs on the Franklin

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I cooked some beef short ribs on the Franklin this weekend for a early Father's day feast.

uQONL4Ph.jpg

We went to San Antonio last weekend and a I took the chance to stop at an HEB and found these beauties.

fFl6AxGh.jpg

I wound up trimming the fat cap because there's some pretty serious silverskin on the surface I don't think would break down. I seasoned with Kosher Salt and Tallicherry pepper. I also gave it a dusting of Holy Cow.

I got up early and fired up the pit.

Ran the pit all day from 275 to 300 with a mix of pecan and oak. I put on some jalapeno cheese sausage I made a while back.

After the cook. I pulled these at about 195 when the probe was going through them like butter.

On the cutting board.

Sliced ribs.

YdyQRq6h.jpg

Sausage was great as always.

I like a rib as big as my head.

Z2LzHz4.jpg

You know what really cuts through that fat? Some Mac and Cheese.

Thanks for looking! Happy Father's Day.

Outstanding, Dustin! Beef ribs were easy to get here for a while (CostCo), but they have now switched to only having beef back ribs. :( Sausage looks killer!

Looks great!
I don’t see that cut around here very often. When they are around, they don’t look as good as those.

Dustin,
I love seeing that pit fired up!!! And the wheelbarrow of wood it takes to keep it fired up. Those ribs look amazing, and man that sausage looks out of bounds. So my wife and kids got me some meat for father's day and the kids told her I have been looking for Flanken Style Beef Ribs (which I have) and she was for sure the kids were wrong because she that I would want a full wrap of Beef Ribs like you have here. They ordered the Flanken Style Beef Ribs. So when I got my package (when I got home last Tuesday) they big questions they were waiting to get answered was were the kids right or should they have went with mom's gut. So I told them that they nailed it and got the right stuff, however, after seeing your ribs, maybe I was wrong and the kids were wrong, and you and my wife were right :ROFLMAO:.

I cooked some beef short ribs on the Franklin this weekend for a early Father's day feast.

uQONL4Ph.jpg

We went to San Antonio last weekend and a I took the chance to stop at an HEB and found these beauties.

fFl6AxGh.jpg

I wound up trimming the fat cap because there's some pretty serious silverskin on the surface I don't think would break down. I seasoned with Kosher Salt and Tallicherry pepper. I also gave it a dusting of Holy Cow.

I got up early and fired up the pit.

Ran the pit all day from 275 to 300 with a mix of pecan and oak. I put on some jalapeno cheese sausage I made a while back.

After the cook. I pulled these at about 195 when the probe was going through them like butter.

On the cutting board.

Sliced ribs.

YdyQRq6h.jpg

Sausage was great as always.

I like a rib as big as my head.

Z2LzHz4.jpg

You know what really cuts through that fat? Some Mac and Cheese.

Thanks for looking! Happy Father's Day.
Wow 👍

Those look ridiculous!!! I’ve only done beef ribs once. It was a cook in which I had to take the wife to the ER for kidney stones and, when the got her drugged up, ran back to the house to check on things. Went back and after a while longer brought the wife home. You should’ve seen that nurse’s face when we told her I was leaving. 😂🤣 They were at 195-ish (if I remember right). I always thought I could do them better if I didn’t have the interruption. Always meant to do them again, but haven’t found ones that thick (I want some MEAT).

Back