Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Tonight’s dinner is stuffed boneless skinless chicken thighs. I saw several stuffed thigh recipes on the Internet and since
I didn’t have all the ingredients that some of these called for I went with what I had.

I made up the filling with the following ingredients from my refrigerator and spice cabinet:

½ block of cream cheese
1 cup of Monterrey Jack Cheese
1 Tbl of Penzeys Dehydrated Red/Green Bell peppers – hydrated
½ Tsp of minced garlic
½ tsp of cilantro
1 Tbl of freeze dried shallots
½ tsp of rub
Penzeys California Seasoned Pepper to taste
Salt Table Raging River 5 Pepper Blend to taste

Let sit for 30 minutes for flavors to blend.

Chicken thighs were dry brined in Williams-Sonoma Buttermilk Brine for 10 hours.

Filled with about 1 teaspoon of the filling and wrapped with bacon and then seasoned with Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon.
Larger ones were double wrapped in bacon as I didn’t have enough to double wrap all of them.

I am using the Performer tonight with KBB and a chunk of cherry. I will leave them in the pan for the first 30 minutes at
250 to 275 so the bacon will release some of its fat and tighten up.

Out of the pan and on indirect until done.

Thighs are done. I put a glaze of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce on them the last 5 minutes in the grill.

Plated with yellow rice and French green beans.

Simply delicious chicken. My son who doesn’t really care for chicken thighs really enjoyed them. The filling gave the thighs
a real boost of flavor. I will be doing these again.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Get Up!!
Get Up!!!
Get Out Of Here...GONE!!
A HOMERUN FOR MIKE COFFMAN!!!

His 29th Of The Season.... And His Team Now Leads 4 Nothin'....

I'm already a big fan of boneless skinless chicken thighs just by themselves, so I can only imagine how incredible these must have tasted.

Back