Anybody grilling?

There were shards of ceramic in them. And you cannot take that kind of chance. We did save 3 of the 7 though.
Wow! Larry quite the adventure you've had with you pellet grill. Glad you got through it sans the potatoes.
I've only had one instance that I ran out of pellets on a cook with my Camp Chef. The TW smoke alarmed a low temp. Not really knowing how to go about it I did a shut down and then a new start up procedure after I refilled the hopper, and it fired right up.
But I wasn't fighting wind and cold temps like you were.
As a matter of fact, I haven't seen The Camp Chef since it went into hibernation in late October or any of my other grills that are hibernating.
Really don't know how the CC would react in those circumstances.
To busy playing around with my new winter toys. New air fryer, new instant pot and new digital slow cooker. Made chicken wings on the air fryer last night and stood by the fireplace with a adult beverage while they cooked, came out great. Barb also made some coleslaw to go with it.

Power has been out since Friday at 4:49pm
That wind was no joke!! Hasn’t been to bad thanks to the ole trusty Weber Silver A!!

Silver A’s are great size cooker for 2 people! Yes you can load’em and do more but a dinner for 2 they more than accommodate!

OBTW that grill was my first rehab, it was slated for the trash and I picked it up off the side of the road in the Nick of time. 😍

Sunday morning breakfast!!

Attachments

• A5356259-5C9E-4EEE-BD04-C1F62D551944.jpeg
    A5356259-5C9E-4EEE-BD04-C1F62D551944.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 327C777F-87A8-44CB-927D-432D5909E3C9.jpeg
    327C777F-87A8-44CB-927D-432D5909E3C9.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 7
Wow! Larry quite the adventure you've had with you pellet grill. Glad you got through it sans the potatoes.
I've only had one instance that I ran out of pellets on a cook with my Camp Chef. The TW smoke alarmed a low temp. Not really knowing how to go about it I did a shut down and then a new start up procedure after I refilled the hopper, and it fired right up.
But I wasn't fighting wind and cold temps like you were.
As a matter of fact, I haven't seen The Camp Chef since it went into hibernation in late October or any of my other grills that are hibernating.
Really don't know how the CC would react in those circumstances.
To busy playing around with my new winter toys. New air fryer, new instant pot and new digital slow cooker. Made chicken wings on the air fryer last night and stood by the fireplace with a adult beverage while they cooked, came out great. Barb also made some coleslaw to go with it.
Yeah, I thought putting in more pellets would be the end of the issue, But, I can't help but wonder if my error caused a "blockage" somehow. I am going to call Sam's and see if they'll send me info on how to remove the hopper and auger system for a deep cleanout. Since the last time it went err I opened it up and I think I found 4 pellets mostly unburnt in the burn pot. I guess I could also run it through multiple primer cycles to fully clear it out. I will report back what I find out

Be careful requesting info on tearing the unit apart. They may try to refuse a warranty claim if they know you dug into it.
Good luck. I hope you get it figured out. Spring is coming.

It’s 5:40 pm here, still daylight, and daylight savings time is less than a week away…

I’ll take it!

OK so called MM today. First tech insisted it was dirty sensor, So, I pulled the control panel, pulled the sensor (thankfully when I got the grill new I had the foresight to get NeverSeize on all the bolts and screws. So it came apart easily. I cleaned everything out, did a full on vacuum, scraping and so on. I cleaned that sensor till it was shiny.
Put it together, left the heat plate out, dropped in some pellets maybe a cup worth to test. Turned it on and gave it a good long prime cycle 2X, it lit up and all seemed right with the world. I ran it for about 30 minutes, put the heat plate back in and decided maybe it's all it was (though I was suspicious of the clunking and grinding noises from the auger) I retired to "maybe it's how it always sounded and never noticed". Anyway filled the hopper and decided to just "let er rip". I hadn't gone 10/15 more minutes and bam ERR. I called MM again and they deduced that I have to replace the entire auger, hopper, and basically everything assembly. They wont have it in stock until the 18th and they're waiving shipping cost because of the wait. He also sent me the instructions on how to pull it. So I am going to do that and give it an autopsy and see what I can find or even if I can fix it.
Bottom line it'll be like a brand new grill
If anyone wants them (the instructions I'll post them up

OK so called MM today. First tech insisted it was dirty sensor, So, I pulled the control panel, pulled the sensor (thankfully when I got the grill new I had the foresight to get NeverSeize on all the bolts and screws. So it came apart easily. I cleaned everything out, did a full on vacuum, scraping and so on. I cleaned that sensor till it was shiny.
Put it together, left the heat plate out, dropped in some pellets maybe a cup worth to test. Turned it on and gave it a good long prime cycle 2X, it lit up and all seemed right with the world. I ran it for about 30 minutes, put the heat plate back in and decided maybe it's all it was (though I was suspicious of the clunking and grinding noises from the auger) I retired to "maybe it's how it always sounded and never noticed". Anyway filled the hopper and decided to just "let er rip". I hadn't gone 10/15 more minutes and bam ERR. I called MM again and they deduced that I have to replace the entire auger, hopper, and basically everything assembly. They wont have it in stock until the 18th and they're waiving shipping cost because of the wait. He also sent me the instructions on how to pull it. So I am going to do that and give it an autopsy and see what I can find or even if I can fix it.
Bottom line it'll be like a brand new grill
If anyone wants them (the instructions I'll post them up
Yes, please do, Larry! Always good info to have on hand.

Back