Anybody grilling?

Jon Meme.png
She doesn't know how good she has it! But my wife said the same thing at Thanksgiving, so we ate a "yellow" turkey :( . I wound up barbequing a whole chicken so there would be something with color on the table!

Women are good at cooking usually, but they just don't get the whole BBQ, seasoning, smoke, rotisserie, temperatures, slow cook, things. Oh, and they don't really understand the significance of "Grill Marks"

For this afternoon, pork tenderloin and turkey breast. Along with scalloped potatoes and cheesy veggies not pictured.

PXL_20230226_210321752.jpg

And testing probes again. I really like what the wireless meter probes offer, but it seems they need to fix something in their software. And I haven't found a better alternative for rotisserie so I still really like them.

37 degrees and bright sun here, grilling hamburger steaks for dinner. Just something simple, haven't grilled in a few weeks.

For this afternoon, pork tenderloin and turkey breast. Along with scalloped potatoes and cheesy veggies not pictured.

View attachment 66839

And testing probes again. I really like what the wireless meter probes offer, but it seems they need to fix something in their software. And I haven't found a better alternative for rotisserie so I still really like them.
Check out the thermpro one. Jon posted about.

Progress on the pellet grill
jA-kOA_T_qMWqGAsO_8oSpdeaOqtUvEoomgm88XTpQLlwcHNKXePcZGVWT-OG7_yaJDUXVRHxvXkS2-5Caad5cRrAYlYvKGVeQple0s8Z35XgrsLnR_MpsbtEPtlEm96cfmXuhUysg2yp8tr08CEvzUoeUTsydCwfIThpqFcDLDuj1bOxgdlgHTGuCP1yA4NN9Qea9ejUVmqdthsxBErijnQHndV-9_AbaNIMxKhKaiQxj4bfY_pEgYafmbEe3JN8QvIan_-2bpvD3Vfx_0RaYh0bOftq1xjyDHwS3wm06BHiQB14VpDYNCm9ByGwjr4tmFx-7_ni-Pz80rmXNyQqx_ApeKVZ1lRmpkyi34aqJa7jHTTpI2aLUezpzN239K75FdqShR1CVXjnLjbTeTaKjKFfZ8FII8FRto1ZjgEJE2_lyAAkyJ-rZpOKAnYebHze8ajOy3hrJfQ5mteUNR8ahcu4_i7MrRjwUPThF4BVGadEkogvOuQ1AvL-wODAvwG6pC6_MApIjqcLATrRN2bdMfX-Y1aGJ5HDpMMAY0bgnuKjeAXnFsitNrFVbvc-Y9AKNtxHgYUzvBSZwt7U0HA-HjQKujSjI21BckXmAAsukd9PECXj9wug9KMjaoVjLofAC7jeyTExWFI4a0PBL2o_lIbFRxyGWZZKKTtf8_RrWXqcTH0UfvIkoVksf_6KWgtb3KKT9RdADR7m70lhMrYP7blICZma_gNLDJNhGVASYH7-tW02azFBO9yMgyfkA0TzbQZpfeVSSlPzf-_gPUHgnucwz7KwZrIzd9gGczbhOIcAxNM4T7-4cwk8zO3UBXv8KL6N3QcTcnz4r7nUfO5oqJPXIoBvPV49T3DNBUi1_06Ece_B2fSjI571KSJ77V5iZvDevQeU_lxG88eMMdNjNID-IjVrpVcfFQsu9Kq_NNPTwop=w1063-h598-no

Was supposed to grill at friends tonight but it was windy and raining, so I offered to cook at my house and bring it over.

I thought about lighting coal but instead pushed the easy button. (igniter on the gasser)

20230226_180026.jpg20230226_180810.jpg

It was too pretty to not take a drive yesterday so, my grilling was done on a flattop at “Iron Shoe Distillery” for their “Sweet and Salty” burger! If you folks are driving by Niles, MI. it’s absolutely worth the stop! Their chicken and waffles is pretty amazing too. Then, a stop at “Veni’s“ Chocolate shop for some road candies!

5BA50583-D255-485E-9BD4-35B1FC28193B.gif
Going to try to low and slow another pork shoulder, wish the weather was more cooperative.

This rain should clear out in another few hours though.

Last edited:
You are a brave man to face the elements at that hour even for pulled pork (?). But that's both an admirable ambition and an exceptional picture. I'll be following your progress.

60*, sunny and breezy here in Central NC at just after 9:00am. Today it's Carolina/Duke in the "satisfaction tip-off" and celebration of my youngest grandson's 18th birthday. Have I mentioned that we got a contract on our house a few days ago? So it's a good day to vicariously enjoy your cook!

Back