Anybody grilling?

Well damn Jon, my invites keep getting lost. Somebody has to do something about USPS :D
Well I have one of my little "chickens" on the pellet popper right now. It's been on at "smoke" setting for about 90 minutes. I just now flipped the bird and set it up to 420. Internal temp on the bird was 115 so now I hope to get a done bird and crispy skin by the time our good friend and neighbor Fred walks on down. I also have taters on the Genesis. Gonna be a simple dinner because 2 of the chickens are running papa and nona "crazy" LOL. Of course we have grandson here as well and he's a huge help20230218_141046.jpg20230219_152602.jpg20230219_152628.jpg20230219_155010.jpg20230219_155117.jpg20230218_154208.jpg

Larry that is precious! Enough to make one forget about grilling. Enjoy those adorable kids - and the fact that they go home for someone else to do the hard stuff🤣.

We've had them 4 days now. We're tired but we love them. The grandson will be 13 in May, the little tot in the pink coat is gonna be 2 next month and the one in the walker is 5 months.

Hey does any of my pellet popper friends know if I am doing the chicken right? Been on about 90 minutes at "smoke", and about 10 min ago I flipped it and cranked it to 420. Ya think I'll be ok? Fingers are crossed here
3ertwc.jpg

I have just always set my pellet grill to 300 to 350 and check with an instant read after an hour or so. How hot is your MM when it is on the “smoke” setting?

Well damn Jon, my invites keep getting lost. Somebody has to do something about USPS :D
Well I have one of my little "chickens" on the pellet popper right now. It's been on at "smoke" setting for about 90 minutes. I just now flipped the bird and set it up to 420. Internal temp on the bird was 115 so now I hope to get a done bird and crispy skin by the time our good friend and neighbor Fred walks on down. I also have taters on the Genesis. Gonna be a simple dinner because 2 of the chickens are running papa and nona "crazy" LOL. Of course we have grandson here as well and he's a huge helpView attachment 66499View attachment 66500View attachment 66501View attachment 66502View attachment 66503View attachment 66505
What’s all that white stuff on the ground?

What’s all that white stuff on the ground?
Four letter word LOL. So here is the deal. ON smoke setting the MM will run between 175 and 200 (depending on the "P" setting. Mine was running around 180. So I ran it like that until the bird reached about 115 to 120 depending on where I poked it.
I left it cranked up until to 420 until I got the bird to 160 dropped it back to 375 until I could get things ready inside (about 10 minutes) and then pulled it to rest. Let it rest about 20 minutes, skin was crispy. Lilly was eating it up (even though it was a tiny bit spicy) so I will feel sorry for the day care people tomorrow when they change diapers :D Anyway it was deeeelish. Good smoke on it, Gonna keep this technique in my back poket

Those look rather small. Did you pre cut them? When I buy them they seem to stretch halfway across my grill.

We are out today and planned on having chicken thighs for dinner.

I had planned on making them on the grill ahead of time, but we have a lot going on today.

My wife said “let’s just cook them in the oven”…

6E7850DD-CA3F-49A2-B418-38A47F91C789.gif

Lol

Back