Anybody grilling?

Cryovac and pre-marinated meats are, as a rule, terrible. Trader Joe's does a lot of things well...meats aren't one them. Mostly cryovac and pre-marinated. Was told by a butcher that pre-marinated was how they got rid of lesser cuts or poor quality inventory. Don't know how true that is but I do know that the smell of cryovac meat is disgusting.

Wow, what a sweet setup!!!! It looks like it's even inside a shelter with a large exhaust fan to boot! When I grow up I want something like that
Yes, he has a beautiful new place, and the outdoor pool/patio enclosure includes this setup. Exhaust fan, lighting, accessory cabinets and shelves. Definitely top drawer to go with a really nice Napoleon. Larry, you would appreciate that it has a rear infrared and rotisserie as well as four strong burners.

Cryovac and pre-marinated meats are, as a rule, terrible. Trader Joe's does a lot of things well...meats aren't one them. Mostly cryovac and pre-marinated. Was told by a butcher that pre-marinated was how they got rid of lesser cuts or poor quality inventory. Don't know how true that is but I do know that the smell of cryovac meat is disgusting.
I generally agree, the only exception I’ve found is the skirt steak.

I don’t think that it would ever replace a home marinated product but, for a really quick dinner for the six of us when I’m not feeling up to a major project. It’s great!
I think I should try either of the above recipes on a skirt steak from the Latin market down the street soon. Maybe both!👍

Oh, yeah those home recipes are great. I don't have a written "recipe" but my go to is very much like the first one posted. Just so many times I don't plan ahead and the "urge" for fajitas/tacos hits wife and I but nothing is prepared so one of these packaged products would fill the bill. But most definitely when I have my druthers I am home marinating.

Oh, yeah those home recipes are great. I don't have a written "recipe" but my go to is very much like the first one posted. Just so many times I don't plan ahead and the "urge" for fajitas/tacos hits wife and I but nothing is prepared so one of these packaged products would fill the bill. But most definitely when I have my druthers I am home marinating.
A 30 minute countertop marinate is all that’s needed.

I did it last night. Came home, marinated the chicken breasts and thighs, lit the coals and was cooking in 30 minutes. To accelerate the marinade penetration, I added a few dashes of ACV. The ACV opens up the protein fibers and allows the marinade to soak in quickly.

The same method works on skirt and flank steaks.

Last edited:
jajajajajaj. that's super local lingo. sorry about that.
Nothing to be sorry about.

It was more of a-ha moment reading another thread about Ace hardware and Tractor Supply stores.

I just thought it was amusing since the subject of acronyms was talked about earlier.

Fwiw

Back