A Very Quick Meal

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Kind of silly to even post this. My wife had to be out of town one more night earlier this week. When I was digging around in the freezer last week, I'd noticed this little guy. Prime Rib Eye from Costco. I only had about a half hour available to cook and eat but I decided to squeeze it in. Used a Weber Charcoal Basket so I guess this qualifies as a Weber cook. :)

Some Montreal Steak Seasoning.

enhance

Over some screaming hot coals. Used a segment of one of my Craycort grates. Only had time for this one picture.

enhance

While the charcoal was heating up I made some white rice on the stove and nuked some green beans. Plated it up.

enhance

Medium Rare. Delicious.

enhance

Tasty meal. Thanks for looking.

Seriously?!? That's a "quick", I only have 30 minutes meal at your house?!?! I'm moving in! ;)

Looks perfect, Cliff!

R

I think this is the 3rd or 4th post I've read this week about someone making a quick meal from something they found in their freezer? I assume you guys are nuking the meat to thaw it?

I know that's supposed to be one of the microwaves strengths but I've never been a fan of microwave defrosted food?

I think this is the 3rd or 4th post I've read this week about someone making a quick meal from something they found in their freezer? I assume you guys are nuking the meat to thaw it?

I know that's supposed to be one of the microwaves strengths but I've never been a fan of microwave defrosted food?

No Chris. I definitely didn't defrost in our microwave. When I found this steak in the freezer a few days prior to this cook, I pulled it out and stuck it in the fridge as I knew i'd be doing it soon, just wasn't sure when.

We've seen what you can do with time on your side Cliff, but your time constraint cook is a beauty.

No Chris. I definitely didn't defrost in our microwave. When I found this steak in the freezer a few days prior to this cook, I pulled it out and stuck it in the fridge as I knew i'd be doing it soon, just wasn't sure when.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks

Back