63 Beef Back Ribs

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Nov 3rd happened to be my birthday. So, I though I would do some beef back ribs & a review on Porter Rd.
These ribs are very thick, nicely marbled choice grade. As you can see in the next few pics.
tCf2M6x.jpg

POHhwVL.jpg

One hour in: Everything looks guud. Nice thick ribs, no shiners here.
bL8au3m.jpg

67* & beautiful blue skies here in SW Colorado.
JEh2TEH.jpg

4 hours in added a nice big spud. Ribs are looking spot on.
7u4iv5B.jpg

Wrapped in brown paper for the last hour while the potato finished out.
WOW! Looks outstanding.
BHE6tXS.jpg

Porter Rd beef ribs ROCK! For a measly $20 buck a rack I have never had better beef ribs. If these were prime or Wagyu they would be $ 80-100 a rack. The meat was fall apart tender & very flavorful. It was cooked over a fire pit full of axe breaker lump @ 240* for 6.5 hours. No BBQ sauce or spritzing. Only wrapped to let the potato finish out. These ribs were outstanding. I will order more in the future @ that price.
Happy 63rd birthday to me. It was a good day & what a great BBQ dinner.
Thanks for looking in,
Russ, Deb
Myles Blue & Sadie too

Last edited:
Wow, those ribs really gave off a lot of fat - look at the paper! Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
You say “Brown” paper, are you talking about plain brown kraft paper (the package wrapping kind) or what exactly?

What a beautiful rack of ribs. Great job, Russ, and Happy Birthday!

Gotta admit, I was expecting to see 63 ribs after reading the subject line. :p

You say “Brown” paper, are you talking about plain brown kraft paper (the package wrapping kind) or what exactly?
Timothy its actually called Pink butcher Paper. It can be brown or pink. and it has no waxy side to it as the wrapping paper that you get at the butchers. A lot of people use this instead of foil being wrapped around the meat. It preserves the bark on the meat while it cooks out.

Now that's a birthday meal, Russ!!! I don't think I have EVER seen beef back ribs with anything close to that amount of meat on them! Great cook, and happy birthday, youngster! :)

R

Yum! Those ribs look fantastic! Hope your next circle around the sun is a good year!

Great looking back ribs Russ. I like the way you shop. I did a little browsing on Porter Rd. Meats. Looks tempting. Happy Belated Birthday too!

Hey Birthday Boy that's some fine looking ribs. Hope the rest of your day was as good as those ribs look.

Back