Steak and Stuffed Peppers

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I pulled a couple of Costco Prime New York's out of the freezer on Tuesday. Sided them up with Stuffed Bell Peppers.

Browned some ground chuck along with some sweet yellow onion.

enhance

Once browned and onions soft, added cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste.

enhance

A little earlier I'd cooked some small elbow macaroni. Added it now to the pan and mixed well.

enhance

Added the American Cheese, shredded.

enhance

Folded in the cheese and added some salt and pepper to taste.

enhance

Also earlier in the day, I'd parboiled some green bell peppers and sliced off tops and seeded. Divided the stuffing and filled each pepper. Put in fridge until later in the evening.

enhance

Here's the steaks. New Yorks are our second favorite steak behind Rib Eyes.

enhance

Seasoned with SPOG only.

enhance

While bringing the steaks to room temperature, i got the stuffed peppers on the grill over indirect heat.

enhance

Poor man's Grill Grates.

enhance

Steaks on pan first for a minute or two.

enhance

After getting some nice grill marks, removed pan and moved steaks to cool side of grill for a couple more minutes.

enhance

Brought IT up to about 125.

enhance

enhance

When steaks were done, peppers were done.

enhance

Plate.

enhance

enhance

Wow, this was good! Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks for looking!

Steaks look perfect Cliff. Love how you incorporate a second form of beef into your vegetable side dish.

I need to do this, looks amazing Cliff. I wonder how it would work with Red Bell Pepper? I've got 3 almost ready in my garden

Thanks everyone.

Chuck, the RBP's will work fine. Actually they would present better than the anemic looking greens that are in all our market right now.

I need to do this, looks amazing Cliff. I wonder how it would work with Red Bell Pepper? I've got 3 almost ready in my garden

Cliff you nailed that. Steak is perfect and the stuffed bell peppers awesome. Like Rich said consider them stolen. Thanks for sharing a great cook.

Beautiful, Cliff! That CI pan really lays on some great grill marks (especially with that 90° turn!) I like the stuffing for the peppers, too. Almost a mac-n-cheese/lasagna kind of mix......will have to try that.

Stay cool!

R

Nice marbling on those steaks - they look really tasty. Interesting take on the stuffed peppers. Never seen macaroni used before, bet it was delicious. Top marks !

Back