You know you're getting old when...

My wife says that I sound old when I call her "purse" a "pocketbook". I wasn't aware that they had changed the name over at some point in time. She also corrects me when I call her "salon" a "beauty parlor".
I used to work in retail as a Safety Consultant. I was talking to a Store Manager and I said something about the purse department. He told they were called handbags. Then he asked me if I knew the difference between a purse and a handbag, to which I replied, “No”. He sad the difference was about a 30%-40% markup.

I used to call my Mom’s beauty salon, where she had weekly appointments until she passed away 3 months shy of her 95th birthday “The Curl Up and Dye Shop”.

Last edited:
When you remember non stop flights, coast to coast and the stewardess brought a meal with metal flatware, and the headphones for the movie were plastic tubes to channel the sound from a speaker in the armrest.

Edit. In coach...

Last edited:
Not laughing at you, I have that happen all of the time. I have a certain way to turn when getting ready to sneeze that keeps the motion off of the discs.
Oh I get it. IDK what it is with my sinuses. I'll be just sitting there minding my own business and WHAM a huge violent sneeze hits outta nowhere followed by the requisite "OUCH my back" :D

Oh I get it. IDK what it is with my sinuses. I'll be just sitting there minding my own business and WHAM a huge violent sneeze hits outta nowhere followed by the requisite "OUCH my back" :D
Prior to my neck disc surgery, (which mysteriously fixed my lower back discs :unsure:🤷‍♂️), when standing I would have to raise my knee and leg up when sneezing or coughing, to take the pressure off of the lower discs. I'm glad that's over with, I was getting really tired of the Captain Morgan jokes.

Welcome to my world, what's funny every time I sneeze our black lab will sneeze almost immediately after I do, doesn't seem to bother her back though.

Back