You know you're getting old when...

Oh my poor parents. Can you imagine living in a house, listening to those two and then have your kids get older and then there is LOUD ROCK?

Oh my poor parents. Can you imagine living in a house, listening to those two and then have your kids get older and then there is LOUD ROCK?
Speaking of loud rock when I was a senior in high school in 1964 living in southern California. I was an assistant instructor in our auto shop class. We had a school sponsored car club. We got to go to a lot of car shows to show off our project go cart which had a crossly 4 cylinder engine in it. Beautiful cart and fast, very fast.
But the neatest part was the battle of the bands at the car shows. We got to listen to Dianna Ross and the Supremes, Jan and Jean, and lots of other bands and even the Beach Boys before they became big name recording artists.
Hard to believe that was 57 years ago.

Speaking of loud rock when I was a senior in high school in 1964 living in southern California. I was an assistant instructor in our auto shop class. We had a school sponsored car club. We got to go to a lot of car shows to show off our project go cart which had a crossly 4 cylinder engine in it. Beautiful cart and fast, very fast.
But the neatest part was the battle of the bands at the car shows. We got to listen to Dianna Ross and the Supremes, Jan and Jean, and lots of other bands and even the Beach Boys before they became big name recording artists.
Hard to believe that was 57 years ago.
HEY, 3 more names I know. lol

when even dogs know more about this modern stuff than you do. lol

attachment.php

I was always a big C&W fan, which suited my parents well. I lived in the Haight Ashbury during the peace, love & drug days and often rode my Triumph Bonneville down Haight St. on nice days. I had an 8 track player mounted on top of the headlight and always had old time country music blasting. Most of the hippies didn't know what to think :)

I was always a big C&W fan, which suited my parents well. I lived in the Haight Ashbury during the peace, love & drug days and often rode my Triumph Bonneville down Haight St. on nice days. I had an 8 track player mounted on top of the headlight and always had old time country music blasting. Most of the hippies didn't know what to think :)
I listen to both kinds of music. Country and Western.

I'm pretty sure there are. Not necessarily my favorite form of music, but damn...... those folks have some magic fingers.
I say that only because there was not one acknowledgment aside from Joan who had never heard of some of the founding talents of the genre. These old guys are dying and outside of the rather small bluegrass fan base, their passing has been largely un noticed. These people are American musical legends, and we give a lot more credence to what a Kardashian is wearing or what overly tattooed talentless putz she is dating. It just doesn’t make sense. The world has gone crazy.

If you wish you still had your Jack in the Box antenna ball head so you can find where the hell you parked the car!
A seller on Amazon has them for $9.99 and $2.99 shipping.

31PUxYQ1sEL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Back