wife's 30th birthday feast!

JasonQuevada

TVWBB Super Fan
figured id give the wsm a full run for the first time and first overnight cook at that...was kinda nervous at first since it was pretty much all we had to serve at her party. ended up smoking 2 10 lb butts for pulled pork, smallish 7lb brisket (biggest one they had at wegmans), 6 racks of ribs (2 naked, 2 sauced with sweet baby rays and 2 glazed with a cherry pomegranate habanero sauce) and about 10 lbs of chicken thighs and drums on the grill. luckily also had some other food and a bushel of crabs because the meat went by quicker than i was expecting!

question though - how do you guys keep food warm for parties or events? felt like the ribs weren't as good as soon as they got cold...

food prep friday night

10692214604_9c20ea80aa_z.jpg

got my new toy just in time! first time using a wireless thermometer. was pretty confusing trying to set it up for the first time...

10692417903_3425338b76_z.jpg

got the brisket and butts on around midnight

10692258704_48161156cc_z.jpg

ribs went on around 6 am

10692447283_612a488550_z.jpg

almost there...

10692436983_7a3dfa2ec7_z.jpg

10692250116_db406950d3_z.jpg

serving pics

10692191315_202aa08126_z.jpg

10692231934_58a252aa3c_z.jpg

10692417293_d8e77e8ca1_z.jpg

10692408553_659a41d17a_z.jpg

w0w! with a spread like that, i'd be 30 every year!
which, isn't a bad idea...
Very Nice Jason!
Happy Birthday to your wonderful wife!

Happy birthday to Mrs.Queveda.

Nice job Jason. Ribs look amazing and the bark looks great.

I borrow my friends Chafing dishes to keep food warm for bigger gatherings.

Looks like an awesome celebration! I'm hoping my Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner will look something remotely close to this!

tony - it doesnt dry out the meat to keep them on the chafing dishes?

Happy birthday to Mrs.Queveda.

Nice job Jason. Ribs look amazing and the bark looks great.

I borrow my friends Chafing dishes to keep food warm for bigger gatherings.

Wow, Jason! You jumped right into the deep end of the pool & swam like a fish ... :cool:

Great spread of food that all looks fantastic. As far as food temps, I would agree with Tony on chaffing pans. The other thing is wait as long as possible to slice the meat to retain as much heat mass as possible. And keep it covered for as long as possible with foil or cover.

As everyone else has said.........WOW! You had an awesome cook! I'm surprised I didn't smell it over here. If so, I'd have crashed that birthday. Great job Jason!

Happy Birthday to your Wife Jason, let her know I will be crashing the next one if you are cooking. Tricky cook well done, it all looks delicious

Whoa! either your wife is one lucky lady or you're making up for a multitude of mistakes in the marriage ;) I think it's the first Jason. Great looking throwdown brother, tell the funny little honey we said happy birthday! :)

Beautiful cook Jason. Your wife is one blessed woman. As far as keeping the food warm set a teapot full of hot water in a cooler (on a towel) large enough to hold everything and wait 10 minutes or so. While waiting wrap the meat in foil. Remove the teapot and put towels in the bottom of the cooler followed by the meat and then more towels on top. It'll stay warm for several hours, especially if you take it inside. Use more than one cooler if necessary and if you want to prep the meat first place in a disposable aluminum pan and cover with foil still using towels above and below.

Back