What's the price of gas where you live?

$6.39 for Premium at Costco locally this week. Thankfully I needed only a 1/2 tank and spent around $40.

I'm keeping a tight rein on this thread. Gas prices only, no discussion of taxation or world political events that drive prices.

Local Costco and Sam's (Rockford IL area) $4.099 but, 10 days ago was down at $3.499 So $.70 gal in just over a week. If I say any more I'm gonna go to TVWBB jail forever :mad:
Well was at Costco today and gas was down to $3.799. Everywhere else it's WAY up. Go figure

Well was at Costco today and gas was down to $3.799. Everywhere else it's WAY up. Go figure
If I understand correctly, Costco locks in prices with suppliers which enables them to keep prices lower for a longer time while others are raising prices. But eventually their prices do catch up.

If I understand correctly, Costco locks in prices with suppliers which enables them to keep prices lower for a longer time while others are raising prices. But eventually their prices do catch up.
I've never dealt that far into it. If so I guess it would also be true of Sam's Club. But even though it may be true I have never seen either chain to "buck" a trend. IOW if everyone else is going up, I have never seen them go down. So bottom line, that latest price really surprised me. I just wish those chains sold diesel as well. I am looking at doing a fill on my tractor and the 2 supply cans I use and so far I am looking at nearly $60 in fuel cost to literally just cut my lawn. :eek:

3.699 over here. Still SMH on this. Every other place in Rockford IL metro is going through the roof but Costco and Sam's about $.60 or .70 gal cheaper.

$3.29
I really don't even pay attention to it because it is what it is.
But I was filling up some five gal cans to top off the tank in my boat the other day with non-ethanol 92 octane, because it keeps longest...... And that was about $4.65. so I took note of the other price when I put the regular in my truck.

Paid about $1.40 (C$) per litre yesterday (we are smack in the middle of "cheap" gas country here supposedly!!) which converts to about $4.16 per gallon.

Back